Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Model Mechanics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Model Mechanics

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 10:26 AM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Mechanics

[sm=confused.gif]Anyone know how to get in touch with Model Mechanics? They don't answer emails and their web site doesn't work for me any more!
Old 06-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Jet Doctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Model Mechanics

Hi Bill

Tried to send you a PM today but got some message back re: spam. Please send me a PM with your e-mail address so that I can forward it to them.

I know they are busy with their WJM models but that is no excuse not to get back to you. Let me know what happens.

The valve is fairly simple but the actual travel setup is quite critical. The single nipple is the input and the dual nipples go the the brake hubs. The valve will only work while connected to the hubs. As the plunger is pushed deeper into the valve, the pressure is increased. The brakes will only release once the plunger has been released far enough to discharge the air through the small hole in the valve. The valve needs to be firmly mounted and the shuttle inside the valve free(lubricated). My Roo has 65 flights on it with one of these valves fitted.

Sorry that I have taken so long to reply to your PM but I was out of town.

Regards

Zane