Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Cub opinions

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Cub opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 06:12 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Cub opinions

Looking for some info and opinions on their 1/4 100inch cub.I'd like to know the possibilities of turning it into a real scale looking machine.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Get this ARF, and put your time into the details... you'll be glad you did. Here's one at our club. He put over 100 rivets in it, installed scale grab handles in the rear of the fuse, scale landing gear, turned the fuel stick on top of the cowl into the on/off switch, installed scale Cub speed wheel pants, Scale spring loaded landing gear. He has a couple of full scale pictures he followed, and really pulled it off. This isn't the best picture to show the details, but it's all I got right now.

Old 01-04-2002, 07:13 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info,I'm lucky enough to own a 1941 J-3 that I think its time to have a model of.I'd like to have a operating door and window.I've heard robart makes some great scale gear for these.
Old 01-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The gear on this Cub is incredible... and I think they may be Robart? They just soak up the landing smooth as can be, really neat to watch.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:48 PM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fellow club member has one that flies very well w/ a Magnum 120 4-stroke engine. FWIW, the ARF seems to be well made and his plane is going strong after 2 seasons and dozens of flights.

Compared to my Sig 1/4 Cub, it seems a little smaller than 1/4 scale, but with a little effort, I don't see why it couln't be turned into a nice sport-scale model. And, oh, it's covered in real fabric (Solartex, I think), which is always nice on a Cub.