Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Oh my God another Yak

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh my God another Yak

I just got this off of the DOD site.

Announcing the new Aeroworks 50 cc Yak 54.

These pictures are from our recently received prototype. We will be flying in two weeks! and provide a flight report and more details.

Also in the works are a 70cc and a 100 cc

Pictures will be posted soon.

So far we can provide you with the following:
Set up for 50 cc DA-50 and Tuned Pipe
15 -16 pds
Ultracote covering
Pre-mounted canopy with access hatch to install pilot and instrument dash
Full set of hardware

Keep an eye out and visit our website: http://www.aero-works.net

Please feel free to comment.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99101.gif
Views:	10
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	289237  
Old 06-24-2005, 03:03 PM
YNOT

Default RE: Oh my God another Yak

Flavor of the month.

Remeber when it was the Lazer, Extra, Cap, Edge, Ultimate and now the Yak.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Dirt Daddy

and soon to be the Ultra-RC Giles 202
Old 06-24-2005, 03:19 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Looks nice, but I hope the wing area is in the 14-1500 range...
Old 06-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Mark Dennis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wing area is 1450 I think. I was looking at the yak at Aero-Works yesterday and it is really good looking and super light. Hopfully I can fly it next weekend and I will tell you all how it goes.

Mark
Old 06-24-2005, 07:51 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

I HATE YAKS
Really, I can't stand to look at another one.

Just to clarify, I don't hate yaks. I just can't stand to look at another one. The only Yak I can look at and not have my eye's grossed out is QQ's yak's. At least they look like a yak. After Carden came out with their yak I couldn't tell the difference between that and an Extra with a round cowl and a large canopy.[:@]
Old 06-24-2005, 09:10 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

I sure hope AW's new arfs are better than they used to be, I wont even go there.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:10 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: flyinrazrback

I sure hope AW's new arfs are better than they used to be, I wont even go there.
Man, at least they could offer it in a kit. Where did Aeroworks go?
Old 06-24-2005, 10:26 PM
mstroh3961

Aerojerks are jumping on the band wagon....
Old 06-24-2005, 10:28 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

you are right about the kits, their kits are great, but their arfs leave a lot to be desired. Got to admit the 37% extra has got to be one of the best flying extras ever.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:52 PM
jeide
My Feedback: (111)

Hi. I stopped by and saw Rocko a few weeks back and he seems to have a good plan for the future of Aeroworks. He has some new lazercut ARF's coming out which really look great. He is very concerned about weight which is a problem with many ARF's. He also told me they will offer them in kit form which is what I'm into. I'm looking foward to some nice lazer cut giants to build. He also had some awsome looking balsa electrics that will be out soon. Jim
Old 06-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: flyinrazrback

you are right about the kits, their kits are great, but their arfs leave a lot to be desired. Got to admit the 37% extra has got to be one of the best flying extras ever.

Bring the 37% back. It is a very, very good flying model. The absolute best I have flown.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:03 AM
bodywerks

ORIGINAL: woops...

Just to clarify, I don't hate yaks. I just can't stand to look at another one. The only Yak I can look at and not have my eye's grossed out is QQ's yak's. At least they look like a yak. After Carden came out with their yak I couldn't tell the difference between that and an Extra with a round cowl and a large canopy.[:@]
I like QQ's planes, but his is the VERY farthest thing from resembling a scale Yak. The EF yak, out of all of them, is the one that most truly resemble's a Yak.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:06 AM
bodywerks

ORIGINAL: jeide

Hi. I stopped by and saw Rocko a few weeks back and he seems to have a good plan for the future of Aeroworks. He has some new lazercut ARF's coming out which really look great. He is very concerned about weight which is a problem with many ARF's. He also told me they will offer them in kit form which is what I'm into. I'm looking foward to some nice lazer cut giants to build. He also had some awsome looking balsa electrics that will be out soon. Jim
I just saw the CHP 34% extra, which is essentially an aeroworks kit, and was impressed with what you get for $795, but it comes with some pretty heavy hardware and accessories. I could see easily losing 2 pounds from this plane while still using cannisters, or almost 4 pounds by dropping them as well...
Old 06-25-2005, 12:48 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

sorry, the EF also looks like a yak. QQ does have a lot of scale fetures on his yak, but I agree the EF is more scale.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:11 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

Thank goodness none of the Yak 54's look completely scale...I think they are pretty ugly. The EF Yak is a great balance...it looks the most like a real Yak but still looks good. I've never seen the full scale Yak 55 but I will say the model of the 55 sure has grown on me...
Old 06-25-2005, 07:33 PM
thedak
My Feedback: (21)

Yaks R 4 Da Birds.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:18 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Hey Ryans Rebel
What's wrong with the 39% Areoworks Extra.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:23 AM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: T. Bob

Hey Ryans Rebel
What's wrong with the 39% Areoworks Extra.
Nothing wrong with the 39%Extra. The difference is the aspect ratio. Aeroworks increased it from the 31%-37% series to the 33%-39%series. The fuse's on these are exactly the same, the wingspan was increased. I have built both the 31% and the 33%. Only difference is the increased wingspan. For some reason it seems the smaller ones fly better. I have wondered a lot about this because its been mentioned numerous times that Cardens planes are low aspect ratio planes also. Take a 42% plane and build it with a 40% wing. It seems to work better in R/C. I dont have an R&D center to confirm this thought as it is just my wonderment Im sure the experts will disagree but the ones I have built seem to hold true to this thought. If anyone has a 37% Aeroworks Extra kit for sale I want it..Walt
Old 06-26-2005, 10:32 AM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: bodyworks

I just saw the CHP 34% extra, which is essentially an aeroworks kit, and was impressed with what you get for $795, but it comes with some pretty heavy hardware and accessories. I could see easily losing 2 pounds from this plane while still using cannisters, or almost 4 pounds by dropping them as well...
I think the Chip Hyde Extra is a copy of the CA Models kit.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:26 PM
bodywerks

ORIGINAL: BTerry

Who knows, these days! Hyde's website warns of copycat models of his plane, and aeroworks sells these, so I assume they are built by their builder. I looked at the pic of the 34%er on Troy's site - they are close but not quite the same, from what I can see.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
BTerry

ORIGINAL: aviti

Thank goodness none of the Yak 54's look completely scale...I think they are pretty ugly. The EF Yak is a great balance...it looks the most like a real Yak but still looks good. I've never seen the full scale Yak 55 but I will say the model of the 55 sure has grown on me...
Take a look at this 3-view:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37996.gif
Views:	7
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	290070  
Old 06-26-2005, 05:00 PM
BTerry

ORIGINAL: BTerry

Who knows, these days! Hyde's website warns of copycat models of his plane, and aeroworks sells these, so I assume they are built by their builder. I looked at the pic of the 34%er on Troy's site - they are close but not quite the same, from what I can see.

The Extreme Aircraft (RC Superstore) and Plnes Plus 34% Extras all have identical dimensions, down to the wing area. They all have provisions for cannisters, and they include the same nice control horns. Knowing how China operates they could be selling Chips' planes out the back door, or another manufacturer is making an exact copy.

Who knows? Only the Shadow knows...

~B
Old 06-26-2005, 06:47 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The ones from Extrem Aircraft also come with the samr hardware and are selling for $499. Hard to beat that! cbk
Old 06-26-2005, 08:48 PM
BTerry

ORIGINAL: cbk07

The ones from Extreme Aircraft also come with the same hardware and are selling for $499. Hard to beat that! cbk

CBK, that is amazing! Suddenly the 34% planes are about the same price, or possibly cheaper, than a 50cc plane. Way to tempt us, RCSuperstore. The difference in cost is a couple of hundred bucks worth of servos and a bigger engine. $499 is less than the Extremeflight Yak so that should offset the cost a bit. Of course the bigger plane will fly better (bigger truly is better).

Brett

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.