Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage vs. FG Marder Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:20 AM
bibo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage vs. FG Marder Truck

A friend of mine got himself an FG Marder and he also has a Savage , but he wanted something bigger and yes it is way bigger than the Savage.

Today we did a drag race between my Savage and his FG and my Savage was faster off the line , but his top speed was faster than my Savage.

I raced him with my Sirio .30 geared 18/49 and Dirt Bonz tyres and also the 3 speed , The FG marder is bone stock.

Next time I will race him with my K4.6 and I should be able to keep up with him.

I'll post the results and for sure a video of the race.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:57 PM
savage28

Default RE: Savage vs. FG Marder Truck

Sounds cool , waiting to see the video.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:41 PM
CR500rider

is the sirio 30 weaker compared to the hpi .28? seems to me if the sirio 30 cant keep up then your other engine wont either lol
Old 06-28-2005, 11:57 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: bibo

A friend of mine got himself an FG Marder and he also has a Savage , but he wanted something bigger and yes it is way bigger than the Savage.

Today we did a drag race between my Savage and his FG and my Savage was faster off the line , but his top speed was faster than my Savage.

I raced him with my Sirio .30 geared 18/49 and Dirt Bonz tyres and also the 3 speed , The FG marder is bone stock.

Next time I will race him with my K4.6 and I should be able to keep up with him.

Until he installs the two speed, the without jets you will not catch him. I have the two speed in my FG monster truck with a huge tuned pipe and alot more but with my new gearing I should be close to 70mph on the 8inch bigfoot tires.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:11 AM
bibo

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

is the sirio 30 weaker compared to the hpi .28? seems to me if the sirio 30 cant keep up then your other engine wont either lol
The Sirio is not weaker in low end and midrange , but it's top end flats out very quickly while the K4.6 would still pull to higher speeds.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:22 AM
bibo

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

ORIGINAL: bibo

Until he installs the two speed, the without jets you will not catch him. I have the two speed in my FG monster truck with a huge tuned pipe and alot more but with my new gearing I should be close to 70mph on the 8inch bigfoot tires.
I am thinking of getting an FG beside my Savage , I was just wondering if it can abused like the Savage and still get away with it and also how is parts availability ?

I also don't like the rear wheel drive thing , is there an upgrade to 4 wheel drive ?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 03:56 PM
bibo

Today I raced my friend's FG Marder Truck again but this time with my K4.6 geared 19/47 , 3 speed and Dirt Bonz tyres and as I expected I was able to beat him off the line and also on top speed , but top speed was much closer.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:56 PM
AIRSAVAGE

How fast is the truck stock? I was thinking about getting the two speed and tuned pipe also. 70mph?! I can't wait to see this thing run!
Old 08-14-2005, 09:14 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

I have two savages and a Marder truck as you call it and a Leopard on the way. My truck has alot of hop-ups including the two speed(modified) and an O'neill pipe as well as a ported and balanced 27cc motor 70mph not going to happen with the the current radio technology. I run out of range before I run out of engine. If I had a half mile of asphalt and a radio that would cover the distance without tripping the failsafe I have no doubt it would hit 70 but slowwing down from 55 is scary enough with hydro fronts and tuning rear brakes. Don't try that with the stock brakes; 50+ into an immovable object will bend the frame and destroy every piece of plastic and bend most of the aluminum. My frequency got pirated and took mine staight into a cinderblock wall at about 35; one word EXPENSIVE.
Good luck
Old 08-14-2005, 10:26 PM
geofferama

*OUCH*

Is it worth trying to buy a used 1:6 scale?
I couldn't afford and accident that costs $1000 + hopups

bibo: i haven't heard about a 4wd conversion
Old 08-15-2005, 12:04 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

That is the only drawbacks I have with the big scale is space to run and cost. I have about a half acre with a house on it and it is all most to small for my Savage and my stadium trucks. [8D]
Old 08-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Mech747

come on you can't keep up with a monster that has more than 5 times your displacement and much more stable chassis it has the raw torque to get it up to the crazy speeds and with a 2 speed the engine would still have more than enough torque to drive the tall gears it's a battle of rpm for savage to match the torque of the weed wackers!!!!!!! trust me it wouldn't happen.[>:]
Old 08-15-2005, 06:57 PM
electrogoneglow

what the heck is a FG Marder?

Jason
Old 08-17-2005, 05:47 PM
radioman789

well mate an FG marder is a 6th scale 2 stroke rc buggy that is on my gonna get me one of those list try a search in google for the spec on this FG marder and ask at your LHS glad to help