Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

how many of you guys have problems with your neighbors

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

how many of you guys have problems with your neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 02:32 PM
losixxx-nt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many of you guys have problems with your neighbors

i live on a dirt road
but at the end of the dirt road it is pavment and there is one guy that comes out and starres me down and calls the cops
cops dont do any thing so i keep running my car
well i also have a dirt bike that i ride up and down the dirt road and today he came out and tried to tackle me off of it.
my bike isnt that loud compared to my all of my buddys bikes.
why is it that i am the one that doesnt get to have all the fun lol

here are some pics of the dirt road, pavement, and his house
should i quit running my cars before this guy shoots me? []
the house in the middle of the pic is his

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...Lat=28.6190049

dirt road and pavement

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...Lat=28.6190049
Old 07-22-2005, 03:03 PM
StOcKerRaCer

Default RE: how many of you guys have problems with your neighbors

#1 if you are under 18 let him do somethin to you and sue that guy 2# it is perfect legal for you to drive your rc truck if your not on his property it's "just a toy" #3 next time he comes out keep driving your truck and if he dose something to you or your truck tell your parents [mainly your dad ] and tell them to get the cops involved. #4 I hate people like this
Old 07-22-2005, 03:18 PM
losixxx-nt

i am 17.
my dad has already said that if this guy messes with me any more he will ride my bike down the road wait for him to come out and try to tackle my dad
and there would be a fight
my dad is 6'2 250 pounds and benches 280 no problem

i feel like taking my exhaust off of my bike and ride around for 10 min just to see what he will do
i have had the exhaust off and just had a header on there and the only way i was able to ride it was to have a helmet on
and i love things that are loud

and i drive my 4x4 s10 blazer up and down the road
he has called the cops on me for that to but they never came up to me
just drove down the road
i feel like getting out my dad 68 firebird with open headers and drive down there
Old 07-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Nitroaddict

#1 - It is illegal for you to drive your RC vehicle on a public road.

#2 - It is illegal to run a nitro vehicle in a residential community due to noise restrictions.

This being said, the cops are being nice, in that if they wanted to, they could ask you to stop. Same thing goes for your dirt bike if it isnt street legal with a plate on it.

However - threatening or actually physically contacting you is a much greater crime, and the guy should be charged if he does attack you. A civil complaint to the PD would be recommended should that happen you have some papertrail of it escalating.

Be careful of having your father become involved - no need for him to get in trouble with the law over something so trivial. A case just concluded in Florida where a neighbor threatened a minor for racing his go cart in the sub-division. The father of the child waited and when the neighbor attacked his kid, he jumped in. The neighbor had a heart condition and ended up dying during the fight. The father was just sentenced for 2nd degree murder - received 25years in prision, the son is now a ward of the state and in a group home.

Bottom line - if the neighbor is as big of a jerk as you say - better to just be the good Christian, turn the other cheek and not run your vehicles anymore on the street.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:43 PM
losixxx-nt

update i just went riding and this guy was out on his porch and i see him run inside so i was like ok cops are going to be here any time
wrong i see this car come flying around the corner so i take off down the dirt road and i am flying just to mess with this guy i was probley going 60 -70 down a dirt road( suger sandand gravel) and i realise i dont have my helmet or chest protector on so i slow down a bit and try to becarefull, i look back he is still there so i cut through the woods my neighbors pastures
and i finally got away from him and park my bike in there garage becuse i am really good friends with them.
this guy wants to kill me
Old 07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
losixxx-nt

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddict

#1 - It is illegal for you to drive your RC vehicle on a public road.

#2 - It is illegal to run a nitro vehicle in a residential community due to noise restrictions.

This being said, the cops are being nice, in that if they wanted to, they could ask you to stop. Same thing goes for your dirt bike if it isnt street legal with a plate on it.

However - threatening or actually physically contacting you is a much greater crime, and the guy should be charged if he does attack you. A civil complaint to the PD would be recommended should that happen you have some papertrail of it escalating.

Be careful of having your father become involved - no need for him to get in trouble with the law over something so trivial. A case just concluded in Florida where a neighbor threatened a minor for racing his go cart in the sub-division. The father of the child waited and when the neighbor attacked his kid, he jumped in. The neighbor had a heart condition and ended up dying during the fight. The father was just sentenced for 2nd degree murder - received 25years in prision, the son is now a ward of the state and in a group home.

Bottom line - if the neighbor is as big of a jerk as you say - better to just be the good Christian, turn the other cheek and not run your vehicles anymore on the street.
its not a public road it is a private road
Old 07-22-2005, 03:48 PM
losixxx-nt

so i dont have to have a plate on it, and i dont live in the neighborhood i live down my dirt road so the noise restictions dont aply to me
Old 07-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is a private road, then you may be trespassing as well as harassing the guy from what I've gathered from your posts.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:51 PM
losixxx-nt

no i live on the private road not him, he lives in the neighborhood next to the road that i run my cars on
he has no connection to the private road that i live on at all
this sucks!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:54 PM
losixxx-nt

Nitroaddict-Bottom line - if the neighbor is as big of a jerk as you say - better to just be the good Christian, turn the other cheek and not run your vehicles anymore on the street.

that sucks i just recived a nitro 4-tec and now i cant run it...... oh well i will see what he does when i get her running
Old 07-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Who owns the road? Your family?
Old 07-22-2005, 03:56 PM
losixxx-nt

yes us along with about 10 other pepole but they care less about my bike and rc car
Old 07-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Nitroaddict

The only way it's a private road is if your family actually owns the property and is designated as such in the city ordinance. If this is the case, then the neighbor is trespassing on your property and the cops would have written him up. This didn't happen according to you, so it leads me to believe that it is a county or city owned road.

Next - even though you don't live in his neighborhood, noise restrictions still apply. These ordinances apply to all county, state, and city municplities and would be applicable to where you are running your vehicles.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:59 PM
losixxx-nt

i know that he is tresspassing
the road is private!
we have signs and every thing saying private road no tresspassing
Old 07-22-2005, 04:01 PM
losixxx-nt

but the only way cops will do any thing is if i ask him to leave the property and he doesnt
then they consider it tresspassing
Old 07-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Nitroaddict

Ok - Point is - you need to contact the local authorities and ask them what can be done. In the meantime, I would cease in driving your RC or dirtbike in order to prevent any future incidences.

Due to this being a criminal matter potentially, and therfor increasing the chances of a deposition - this thread is locked to prevent any possible issues coming up from improper advice from RCU in this matter.

Again - please refer all additional comments and questions to local police, and RCU holds no liability for comments made in this thread about these matters from it's members.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

losi,

My suggestion, don't "post" your "legal" complaints and arguments on a message forum. My guess is also that there is a lot more going on than what is being posted anyway since you've already admitted harassing this guy. In other words, complain to your parents and let your parents complain to the authorities, not here. And perhaps Nitro will up date us all if something is published in the newspapers later if you and your neighbor continue on this course. Another thing, why do you keep "posting twice in one row--I used the edit button.