Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

xtm 24.7

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:45 PM
racer man05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xtm 24.7

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone out there is running a xtm 24.7 in their savage. how does it run? i have heard it is a great engine. a couple more questions... is it a direct drop in? is their a big difference between the 24.7 and the 24.7 pro? thanks for your info
Old 07-25-2005, 11:08 PM
pinit2winit

Default RE: xtm 24.7

I am in two of them..the Pro though..i think the Pro makes a differance..the neighbor has the 24.7 in his savage and i can beat him on a straight. My two engines ruck PERFECT..190-200 temps and has the most power! Haven't tuned it for about 3 weeks its the best motor IMO. Both are direct drop..if i were you i wouldn't use the ROTO..just use the pullstart..i never broke the Pro's pullstart and have had it for about a year now..these motors last and are great!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

It is a direct drop in. I just put an XTM 24.7 pro in my Savage, and after some tweaking, the thing HAULS. I got a Pro for $120 at one of Hobby People's sales, the RCX sale. In my opinion, one of the best motors for the moolah (during sales anyways). I have had two 24.7's- this pro and one in an Xterminator. It isn't the easiest for a newbie, but with moderate experience, it is great.

Several points of thought for you-

The composite clutches in my Savage didn't grab well, and couldn't hold on when the engine hit high RPMs- it would start slipping. Consider upgrading to Mugen aluminum clutch shoes and 1mm Mugen springs. WOW!

Consider an upgraded throttle servo- not a torque monster, but something that cycles faster. The faster the servo moves the slide in the carb, the punchier response you get. The difference from a standard Futaba to a JR 590Z was amazing, not to mention braking.

Stick with 20-30% nitro, but make sure the oil mixture content is at 13%. I had GREAT performance with Trinity Monster HP 20%. I had pretty bad luck with Traxxas Top Fuel and Blue Thunder Sport in the 24.7. They have an 18% oil content, and the 24.7 just didn't respond to those fuels well.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:01 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

you DEFINITELY wanna run a good clutch...i'm running an ofna 3 shoe aluminum clutch in my X-Terminator, the stock composite clutch licks donkey nads...I don't know what I wanna put in the X-T, but I AM gonna drop the .247 pro outta mine into the Savvy. great engine MHO, and my last piston/sleeve went 9 1/2 gallons. still had decent squeeze when cold, too, but needed SIGNIFICANT coaxing to fire up when hot. my current p/s has about 3 on it and it still breaks my arm when i try to crank it
Old 07-26-2005, 05:58 PM
racer man05

sounds awesome
Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Facelift_drummer

Hey everyone i was wondering if u could drop the xtm 24.7 and 2 speed tranny into the xtm x-cellerator
Old 07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

no
Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 AM
bam.bam

Great motor, holds its tune, alot of power.

Tune it right, can make the Savage wheel on command using 47/17 gear combo.

Whoops the stock HPI .25. Not bad for same size engine.