Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Cap X

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:18 AM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cap X

Where can I find a pictures of the new covering scheme of the Cap X? I have the old one and like it a lot but I might be up for a new one as mine is getting a few miles on it. I had one of the first ones in the air.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:36 AM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cap X

I have one of the new CAP-X planes... it really looks "EXPLOSIVE"....
I am flat on my back right now... but I will try to post soon....
Old 10-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Flyer Freq

Here is the picture Chip sent to me. I hope he doesn't mind my sharing it. At first I thought the scheem was too loud. I have it set as my desktop, and it is growing on me. When I took the plane out of the box, it was a little shocking. In one piece, it is much better. I am going to have some graphics cut, to fill the white area, on the h stab, wings and fuse sides. I hope this helps!

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25495.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	341576  
Old 10-20-2005, 07:28 PM
cstevec

Oh............My...........Godddddddness.......... .. Waa'lll, so much for that idea....... Does fly good though.

Thanks Flyer Freq.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Flyer Freq

ORIGINAL: cstevec

Oh............My...........Godddddddness.......... .. Waa'lll, so much for that idea....... Does fly good though.

Thanks Flyer Freq.

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] Yup! It is loud!
Old 10-23-2005, 05:37 AM
cstevec

In a different thread I saw pictures of a Yak Chip is about to release. Interesting looking plane but the bottom of it is covered in clear blue covering. & if I remember correctly it was a 94" wingspan plane. I like the scheme on it but I'm thinking I may be one of the few who do. I kinda wonder who does his covering designs. He's never flown anything as radical as what he sells.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Flyer Freq

I would guess that he has input on the desired flight characteristics, and how to achieve them, but doubt it goes much beyond that. I have heard that the asian nations are very much into bright, colorful graphics. The Ultra RC Giles 202 is an excellent example. Their designers may be behind the wild patterns. If we don't like the patterns, we have to build our own planes or recover an ARF. Unfortunately, the best planes are ARF's, these day's. It hardly pays to recover them. When is the last time you heard of a good 3D kit in this scale? I don't think I have heard of any lately.

I just got my Cap X today, and after a week of the picture Chip sent me, being on my desktop, I decided I like it. With some nice letter graphics, it should be pretty cool. I always complain about not being able to see my planes,... I better not complain now!

Andy
Old 10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
cstevec

Ain't that the truth!

I agree with you about the best planes nowadays being ARF's. I'm one of those guys who recovers a lot of what I buy. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it though. I completely redid an Aeroworks Katana & then lost it on the 4th flight due to a bad battery. I had tons of effort in that plane and it almost made me ill when it went in.

In the Giant scale forum check out the thread on Chips new Yak if you get a chance. Speculation is it will be a great plane for a 75 or 80cc gasser. The only thing funny about it is the ailerons. They taper towards the outer edge which looks kind of odd.

My Cap X was one of the first ones & I have been very happy with it. Flew a gallon of fuel through it yesterday, powered with a Brison 2.4. Buddy of mine has one with an OS 1.60. If anything, his flies better then mine, probably 'cause it is a pound lighter.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Flyer Freq

I'll check the Yak Out! Thanks!

I have a Brison 3.2 to put in mine. I realy wanted the 2.4, but I got a great deal on this one. I would have preferd going with a 30-35cc, even. This is my first gasser, so we will see how it goes. If it feels heavy, in the air, I may look for another engine and put this one on a bigger bird.

Andy
Old 10-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Should be on the website, I just checked on that myself.

Chip
ORIGINAL: cstevec

Where can I find a pictures of the new covering scheme of the Cap X? I have the old one and like it a lot but I might be up for a new one as mine is getting a few miles on it. I had one of the first ones in the air.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Flyer Freq

I can't find the Yak. Do you have a link?

Andy
Old 10-25-2005, 12:41 PM
cstevec

Chip just added a thread in this forum. lets see if this works:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3480210/tm.htm
Old 10-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Flyer Freq

Thanks for the link! Yeah, the wing design is really different, but I like it. The covering design is classy! I like that a lot. I made my flying buddies promise to shoot me, if I try to go beyond 50CC birds, so don't tempt me with something that big.

Andy
Old 10-26-2005, 09:38 PM
hvac
My Feedback: (7)

do you think a g62 will work on the cap x? or is it too heavy
Old 10-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Flyer Freq

The Brison 3.2 is almost too big, so I would say the G62 would be, for sure.

Andy
Old 10-26-2005, 11:07 PM
cstevec

ORIGINAL: Yakmonoff

do you think a g62 will work on the cap x? or is it too heavy
Mine, with a Brison 2.4 flies well but my buddies with a OS 1.60 glow motor flies better. My G 62 is a LOT heavier then the Brison, way to heavy for the Cap X. Sorry.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What do you guys think about a Fox 3.2 on C&H ign.?

It's all I got. Either that or a G-45 or a G-62[:-] Both of the Zenoahs are significantly heavier than the Fox 3.2.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Flyer Freq

Wow! I just looked up the weight on the G45. I had no idea it weighed that much. I bet it is durable though!

Andy
Old 11-19-2005, 01:55 AM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

What does the bottom of the new scheme look like?
Old 11-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Flyer Freq

I wish I had a camera, to get a shot of the bottom, but it is red, with white stars. I like the bottom the best. This scheem has a strange affect on people. I am critical of it, but my friends like it. One buddy of mine wants me to let his wife cut our "Bam", "Bang", "Wham", for the open area's, like the old Batman day's. I guess I take my planes more seriously than that. I have some other ideas, to give it respectability.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Passport1

Just to set the record straight I design all my planes from the ground up to include the color schemes. They do not stray from what I send them, they do it exactly the way I draw it.

Chip
ORIGINAL: Flyer Freq

I would guess that he has input on the desired flight characteristics, and how to achieve them, but doubt it goes much beyond that. I have heard that the asian nations are very much into bright, colorful graphics. The Ultra RC Giles 202 is an excellent example. Their designers may be behind the wild patterns. If we don't like the patterns, we have to build our own planes or recover an ARF. Unfortunately, the best planes are ARF's, these day's. It hardly pays to recover them. When is the last time you heard of a good 3D kit in this scale? I don't think I have heard of any lately.

I just got my Cap X today, and after a week of the picture Chip sent me, being on my desktop, I decided I like it. With some nice letter graphics, it should be pretty cool. I always complain about not being able to see my planes,... I better not complain now!

Andy
Old 12-31-2005, 03:59 PM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

I love the new trim scheme on the capx. If my YS 140fz would be enough power for it, I'd order one tomorrow but I don't think it would be enough.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Passport1

THe 140 FZ is a great engine for CAPX. I fly mine with one all the time. The FZ or L if kept light is hard to beat.

Chip
ORIGINAL: rtn9105

I love the new trim scheme on the capx. If my YS 140fz would be enough power for it, I'd order one tomorrow but I don't think it would be enough.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:39 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Hey Chip,

Compared to the GP Cap whats smokin with yours? I know yours is lighter but the wing area is different. Your combo deal looks sweet though for the $550. I am looking for a good beater to huck on the ground low. I fly mainly gas but it would be nice to keep a glow plane in the car for the after work flying sessions What other engines would suite it well? I had the Moki 1.8 or YS 1.40 in mind.

I guess I am trying to ask you the sweet setup for this plane

Not trying to ruffle your feathers on the yours vs. GP argument. By the way, I loved your article in High Flight on trimming out a plane and adding a rudder to throttle mix. I have been doing that with all my planes now. Anytime you want to fill us common guys in on the secrets just let me know.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:40 PM
lockjaw-express
My Feedback: (36)

Need some Advice!!!!!!!!!!

Got my CAP-X yesterday, what a nice plane!!! I now have it to a point on where I need to make a decision on power.

I have na Evolution 26GT (1.6) Gasoline engine with a tuned pipe that must be mounted under the wing like in the old pattern days - or I have a YS140DZ (Dingo) which is a real powerhouse. I had the YS140DZ on a H9 Extra 260 wich was just a tad under power, but originally I had it mounted on a Kiki 72" YAK and almost tore it apart because it was just too much power.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.