Brio E-conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Jim Oliver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brio E-conversion

Guys,

I have a new Brio which I had planned to power with Webra 160; the firewall and Hyde mount are installed.

The plane was built/painted by Dave Guerin. Nomex servo mount and battery/tank tray were installed by Dave.

What do I need to do to convert it to E-power?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:51 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brio E-conversion

Jim,

Get a hold of Dan Landis he is flying two of the as a eplane..

Scott Anderson
NSRCA D3 AVP

ps.. We are both using the AXI 53330/18 with the cc 85 HV or 110 HV controller and swinging big props..
I have a thread posted about my conversion on rcu..
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 PM
MTK

Last time I saw Danny fly in late June, he was swinging a 15 3/4x12 3 blade on his, due to ground clearance issues. Also, weight was a concern of his and Richard's. Certainly hope he sorted all of that out.

Plane seemed to have adequate power even with the standard sized prop in the nose, although rpm's were lower than with a typical engine powered set-up turning the same prop, as I recall. Danny was definitely thrilled with the plane's performance and his enthusiasm was really neat to witness.

MattK
ORIGINAL: PatternPilot

Jim,

Get a hold of Dan Landis he is flying two of the as a eplane..

Scott Anderson
NSRCA D3 AVP

ps.. We are both using the AXI 53330/18 with the cc 85 HV or 110 HV controller and swinging big props..
I have a thread posted about my conversion on rcu..
Old 08-25-2005, 11:45 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Yes Dan did get the weight down with some simple fixes and the 3 blade prop is doing well, Im using the 18X12 E prop and having great luck with it... Dan and I talk at least once a week working on diffrent combos..
I'll be at the Jax FL contest with my eplane.

scott
Old 08-27-2005, 04:43 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Scott,

Shouldn't you be working on an airplane?<vBG>
Old 08-28-2005, 12:53 AM
MTK

Take a look at the Polish web site. It appears that one crafty competitor managed to engineer a mounting system for a possible twin configuration using Plett outrunners. One of the Pletts is inside the spinner cone. Can't tell from the photos if there is only one motor, but if that's all he used, I don't see the point, especially when trying to keep the beastie cool.

Still, it got me thinking of possible ways one could mount a front-rear tandem arrangement of a pair of outrunners. I suppose a carbon shaft through the nose ring and firewall, securely fastened to the ring and extending beyond it into the spinner, would do it. The outrunners could be commoned to that. How the motor inside the spinner is matched to the other, and what the battery arrangement or weight are, isn't known yet. Wiring from the front motor could be run inside the carbon tube and into the fuse.

On the other hand, he could have used only the one motor and just mounted it differently. Cooling, as stated earlier, would be a problem, and just putting holes in the spinner wouldn't help much

MattK
ORIGINAL: PatternPilot

Yes Dan did get the weight down with some simple fixes and the 3 blade prop is doing well, Im using the 18X12 E prop and having great luck with it... Dan and I talk at least once a week working on diffrent combos..
I'll be at the Jax FL contest with my eplane.

scott
Old 08-31-2005, 10:34 PM
byoung466
My Feedback: (16)

Its just a single motor in front of the prop, as noted somewhere on the WC thread.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Magne

Deleted
Magne