Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Marutaka...contact info?

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Marutaka...contact info?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Fili

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Marutaka...contact info?

I've built a few Marutaka (Royal) Kits and would like to know if anyone has info on how to contact a supplier. I built the B-25 a few years ago without all the canopy parts. She was such a good flier, this winter I plan to strip her, add retracts, install the cockpit and bombier kits and just go nuts with details. I also was "lucky" enough to have a crashed Royal B17 given to me. The wing is solid but pretty much all is gone up to the leading edge. So....I would also like to order some of the goodies and engine cowls for that model as well. Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Marutaka...contact info?

[b]Very sorry, Fili. MArutaka/Royal is long gone. About the best you can do is watch the sales listings, possibly some one has some loose parts. Otherwise, there's nothing.

Bill.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Fili

poop.......well if anyone hears anything.
This changes many things about this building season. Oh well, now I have no excuse for not building my "Spruce Goose" model. ;-)
Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They were last sold by Hobby Barn in Tucson, Az. You might give them a call and see if they can help.

Rich
Old 09-12-2005, 12:43 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

They sold all the remainders late last year-early this year.... Bill might have stashed a few, but I doubt it.
(Call them and check anyway)

Old 09-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Fili

Isnt there a company I can get fiberglass cowls for most any plane? Something like fiberglass specialties? I remember seeing a ad for them, but I cant quite recall....I'll do a search.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 PM
William Robison

[b]Fili:

Here are two:

Stan’s Fibertech (909) 352-4758
Fiberglass Specialties (586) 677-0213 http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/

Bill.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:47 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fili

poop.......well if anyone hears anything.
This changes many things about this building season. Oh well, now I have no excuse for not building my "Spruce Goose" model. ;-)

Naw no poop at all or an excuse needed. Consider this a good Omen and get busy on the H-1 (I refuse to call it the Spruce Goose for fear of Mr. Hughs coming back and spreading ghost germs everywhere). Heck man heres your chance to do something really unique instead of joining the herds of Boeings. Oh man that line is gonna get me in big trouble

Shoot if your area is anything like ours you could just build some plug-in gear for the time of the year when all the stock ponds dry up.

John

Keep on kit bashing
Old 09-13-2005, 03:00 PM
William Robison

[b]John:

If you want to be absolutely correct, the big juniper (NOT spruce) seaplane was/is the HK-1, for Hughes-Kaiser. Hughes and ol' Henry J. partnered on it.

I think the real "H-1" was the Hughes racer, but that one might have been HR-1.

Bill.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:43 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have molds and can make much of the old Royal stuff, even some of my own creations for these old kit's! (I'm a big fan and refuse to let them die!) Yes I can make the B-25 canopy and turret set along with the cockpit kit.

Dion

ORIGINAL: Fili

I've built a few Marutaka (Royal) Kits and would like to know if anyone has info on how to contact a supplier. I built the B-25 a few years ago without all the canopy parts. She was such a good flier, this winter I plan to strip her, add retracts, install the cockpit and bombier kits and just go nuts with details. I also was "lucky" enough to have a crashed Royal B17 given to me. The wing is solid but pretty much all is gone up to the leading edge. So....I would also like to order some of the goodies and engine cowls for that model as well. Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28034.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	323777  
Old 09-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Fili

Dionysusbacchus!!!! My hero! I almost gave up hope! I will now, as we speak, or type, with the dog as my witness, officially put in a order for the B25 canopy, turret, and cockpit kit(s) Now, how much do you need??$$$??

[email protected]

thank you sir!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Fili

I was kidding about the H1 or HK1 or "Spruce Goose" Anyhoo I'm feeling a make over for my ol' Royal B25 Mitchell.
Thanks Dion, I sent you a email!

I do, however, have to admit that the HR-1 would be quite a project. I read the article in the latest AMA mag. Not sure I'm that ambitious.....or rich...
Old 09-13-2005, 10:23 PM
William Robison

[b]Fili:

Here you go. Eight (count 'em, EIGHT) TeeDee 01 engines.

Bill.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60109.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	323921  
Old 09-14-2005, 01:04 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

[sm=eek.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]

YIKES! Most I've gotten to run at once was four, and that took the better part of two years of frustration! [:'(]
(kinda like the spinning plate act, get to the 4th one and the 1st one stops. [:@] )
Old 09-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Fili

SWEET!!!
How did she fly?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:21 PM
William Robison

[b]Cox-Goose.

Picture it, there are four men surrounding a flying boat, six foot wing span. One in front and one behind each wing. The ones in front have four engines each to start, the ones behind are constantly filling the tanks of the running engines.

Once all eight are buzzing, the fuel men fill the tanks one last time, working from the outside engines to the inners - that's the order we want them to stop also.

The airplane, with its swarm of angry bees is pushed into the water, and immediately starts off - no throttles.

After a run that's not as long as you might expect it comes up on the plane, and really accelerates, coming right off the water.

It wont go vertical, but with all engines running it climbs very well, making big circles around the lake.

One at a time the engines quit, as they shut down the plane stops climbing, then begins a gentle descent as more quit.

She touches down again on the water, taxis to shore with just the last two running, they quit just as the flying boat comes to shore.

Another nice flight, having risen much higher than she did when Howard Hughes "Accidentally" took flight on his taxi test.

I saw the plane only one time, about six years ago. I have no idea whether or not it's still flyable, or even if it still exists.

Impressive, and only three channels - rudder, elevator, and aileron.

Bill.