Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

duralite powerbox

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 12:18 PM
vatechguy3
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duralite powerbox

i'm considering a powerbox or smart-fly power expander for my new 34%.

i like the duralite because its all one unit rather than the smart expander and super reg being two units. also, the duralite uses filters integrated with the powerbox.

but the powerbox is about $60 bucks more than smart fly even when you add up the price of the expander, reg, switches and jumpers.

anyone know where to get one for less than the $325 duralite charges??

any other opinions??

thanks
tony
Old 09-25-2005, 12:27 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Default RE: duralite powerbox

$325 was the cheapest I could find one when I was looking, havent seen too many used ones. One thing I prefer the power expander-turbo regulator is the fact you can set it to 6.5v (great for hitec digitals), and the duralite is set 5.9. Its a trade off between the 2. On the duralite the rx is separate from the power box, so its a 2 piece unit when you look at it like that, the smart fly the rx sits on the expander, and aside from the regulator, so 2 piece as well. Also, I like the turbo regulator because it has the nice little cooling fan on it as well.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:44 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

You might consider the Emcotec DPSI RV Mini 6.....Desert Aircraft sells them. At 199, it's a little cheaper than the Duralite unit, but doesn't handle as many servos/channels either. It's a good fit for 35% aircraft though.....I've got one in my 35% Carden and love it.

just thought I'd throw this out in case you weren't aware of it......if you've already ruled it out, then please ignore.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:01 PM
vatechguy3
My Feedback: (11)

i saw it, but didn't see any wires that plug from the unit into the receiver??

do you have to provide all those male to male extensions??

thanks
tony
Old 09-25-2005, 06:40 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Nope, you don't need to provide anything....everything you need to connect it to your batts and rx is included.....it's pretty slick setup.

I like the male-male extension setup.....if one frays or fails, it's easy to swap it out.

ORIGINAL: vatechguy3

i saw it, but didn't see any wires that plug from the unit into the receiver??

do you have to provide all those male to male extensions??

thanks
tony
Old 09-25-2005, 06:48 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Here is some information on the powerboxes. I will use a SC-12 or champion on my newest plane.

http://www.powerbox-systems.com/e/start/start/start.php

Joe
Old 09-26-2005, 10:45 PM
ncsanik
My Feedback: (1)

tony, i have a powerbox and duralites in my plane and i was going to sell the hole package when it starts to snow (powerbox, 2 2800mah rx packs, 1 6volt regulator, and a 2000mah ignition pack). i could split and sell the rx batteries and the powerbox if you just wanted that. they are 1 year old. im selling them because im a college student and need some money.

brian