Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Humblebee ESC problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Humblebee ESC problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Hobbysect
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humblebee ESC problem

I just bought this heli off of a friend for $30 and he did tell me that the electronics were bad. Well I finally got it today and tried the original battery. It doesnt work. I tried to charge with my MKII but the battery is charged, well so it says but when I try it out there is not power. I decided to swap it with one of my 2 cell Li-Pos and it powers up. Well I got to checking things out and one of the wires to the rear motor was broke off. I soldered it out and now when I plug the battery in the tail motor keeps on running. I tried a few different things and it still runs. I am thinking that the gyro isnt functioning but everything else works on it. After a close inspection I notice two of the MosFets where bad. I replaced them with some IRF 4562 but there was no change. After messing around with it for a few minutes with power on the tail motor just quit. Now there is no power getting to the motor. Now this possible easy fix isnt so easy. Now I will mostlikely just replace the electronics. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternitive or where I can just get the ESC/gyro board? I looked on HeliHobby.com and the original electronics will cost me $80.00 including both boards. -----Tony
Old 09-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Hobbysect
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Humblebee ESC problem

I decided to just replace the ESC/Gyro PCB with some spare electronics that I had left over some one of my previous projects. I added a PG 03 Gyro and two ICS 50 ESCs. To my surprize the ICS 50 actually powers the 280 size motor without a problem. So far I have had a couple successfull hovers and its working fine. But now, that I did land if slightly roughly, I ended breaking a part of the head. I dont understand how it broke but it could have been from the previous owner. Well time for me fix it and take it up again to see if I can get it to steady out better. -----Tony