Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Newbie parts question.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Newbie parts question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:55 PM
laaf2005
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie parts question.

I dont know much about helicopters, but I want to know what is required to complete a heli. What I mean is, what are the parts of an electric heli? I understand planes. I know for electric planes you need servos, RX, motor, ESC, ect. For example, I am thinking about buying a ARF GWS Dragonfly and just use the Futaba 4VF Transmitter, Electrifly C-20 ESC, Futaba R127DF Reciever if its possible. What other things will I need to complete the heli and will the parts I have work with this heli? Hope this doesnt sound stupid, but I am a complete newb when it comes to heli's.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:20 AM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Newbie parts question.

For a micro fixed pitch you need:

2 Servos
Main motor plus tail motor
2 ESC's, one for main, one for tail
Mixing board for rotor to tail mixing
1 Gyro, prefrebly heading hold if you can splurge for one. If you get a heading hold gyro, you do not need a mixing board for rotor to tail mixing, as the gyro will control the tail independantly.

That's pretty much it.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:05 AM
laaf2005
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the help. Can you link me to some not so expensive parts? Im looking to use some of my existing parts to save money, so what would be the cheapest setup if I buy everything seperate. I would rather not buy a RTF since most parts are built into 3in1 or 4in1 device and I dont really want that.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Technito20

The Gws Mini Dragonfly comes complete with everything "ready to fly" Typically 6 channel heli Arfs with collective rotor and tail rotor pitches require 4 servos, esc, gyro, battery, transmitter and receiver. Most heli Arfs already comes with the engine.

By the way, the Gws Mini Dragonfly costs only 60 bucks for the Arf. But the gyro mixer board costs nearly 70 bucks which added together is 50 dollars less than the price of the ready to fly version.