Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Zen 90 Rudder Horn alignment problems

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Zen 90 Rudder Horn alignment problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 02:44 AM
KenChoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zen 90 Rudder Horn alignment problems

Hi all,

Worked on installing the rudder control horns last night, and I discovered that because of the large bevel that WM has in the rudder, the rudder horn even when positioned so the plate is at the very edge of the rudder's flat surface (just before the bevel) doesn't allow the control tab to be in line with the hinge line. This will make for uneven tension in the pull-pull wires when the rudder is deflected. I ended up moving the horn forward (it juts out from the edge of the flat surface just a bit) as much as I felt comfortable with - meaning as far as I could and still allow the screws/plate to have a solid surface to hold on to) and I still have about a 1/16th inch or slightly less distance back from the hinge line. I just hope this won't be too much of a problem when set up with the servo.

Anyone else encounter this problem? I thought of bending the screw part of the control horn out to get the tab in line but I don't want to damage the plastic mounting plate or the screw itself. Any thoughts?