Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Why does my ZDZ 60 weigh more than stated

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Why does my ZDZ 60 weigh more than stated

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 07:46 PM
kevinbell
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my ZDZ 60 weigh more than stated

Can anyone tell me why my ZDZ 60RV (not blue version, sand blast) weighs more than stated? Bare engine weighs 1.950kg or 4lbs 4oz. It stats 1.800kg. Is mine that old? I've had it for a while now but not run it and thinking about changing it for a smaller light DA 50. See my other ad if it helps.
( DA 50 or ZDZ 60 for 3D )

Thanks for looking.

Kevin
Old 10-20-2005, 08:09 PM
GeraldRosebery
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Why does my ZDZ 60 weigh more than stated

ORIGINAL: kevinbell

Can anyone tell me why my ZDZ 60RV (not blue version, sand blast) weighs more than stated? Bare engine weighs 1.950kg or 4lbs 4oz. It stats 1.800kg. Is mine that old? I've had it for a while now but not run it and thinking about changing it for a smaller light DA 50. See my other ad if it helps.
( DA 50 or ZDZ 60 for 3D )

Thanks for looking.

Kevin
What, you are afraid that it's gaining weight with no exercise, maybe? Either way the ZDZ is great engine. Believe me, the DA50 has its own set of issues. If I had one to hand, I'd stick with the ZDZ.

I simply don't get this obsession people are getting with engine weight. It really is not that significant. You have an extra 10 CC (20%) to work with here. Work with it!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 PM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strange -all of my bare ZDZ60's weighed about 4 lbs 2 ounces yours a couple of more -It does outpull any 50 in all of the comparisons we have tried -
Higher HP ratings seen on 50's, lead some to believe they are as strong - but on large props they are not.
in terms of best torque for 24" props , they are stronger.
If you have a very light model all up 15 16 lbs go for the 50 or 17-18 lbs the 60 should do better.
If all this is new to you - the figures may seem a bit confusing -If so-- that's all part of the larnin curve.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Flip and Fly

Well if you are getting your info from RCShowcase, I think they weigh there motors without prop bolts or spark plugs. Take out the plugs and prop bolts and weigh it again

Why do I say this, go to the Amelung sight,

http://www.zdz-motor.de/index.html?lang=en-us

they weigh the new ZDZ 60 with ignition unit at 2.030 grams, try yours like this. I would think that would be without battery.

I like ZDZ motors, I would stick with it too. They are strong, good for 3D. In a 16 to 18 lbs setup very good. Just my humble opinion!