Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

What do these mean??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 07:52 PM
mulisha_army
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do these mean??

Hey guys I have recently purchased an Airtronics MX3 off of ebay and I checked out the online manual but it doesnt tell you what these do, It just says how to access them.

Could anybody be helpful and tell me what these mean and what they do??

Sub Trim:

Arc:

End Point Adjustment:

Steering Dual Rate:

If you could tell me what these do that would be so helpful.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-03-2005, 08:12 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: What do these mean??

End point is the far end of travel of the specific channel. If it's channel 1 for steering then the end point will adjust how short it will turn in each direction.

Steering dual rate is the percentage of the total steering travel that's available at the transmitter wheel. If you had set the end points at full - lock then at 100 % it would be full lock to lock when turning the transmitter wheel. If you were to cut the dual rate back to say half or 50 % then it would only turn about half as short.

Sub trim is just a finer adjustment of trim. Trim is a fine adjustment or the steering wheel (or other channel)
Old 11-04-2005, 09:14 AM
gerwen

Default RE: What do these mean??

Sub Trim: Best way to use this is to center all the regular trim controls, then use sub trim to center the car's steering and throttle. That way, when you adjust the regular trim controls while running the car, you are starting from center, rather than whatever the car's baseline settings are at.

End Point Adjustment: Allows you to set how far your servos will travel in either direction. Allows you to setup your radio so you're not wasting travel on the controls, or trying to push the servos farther than they will go. Set this so that the steering *just* gets to full as you turn the wheel on the tx to full (for both directions). Same with the throttle, set it so you get full throttle and brake just as the trigger reaches its stopping point.

Steering Dual Rate: Explained well above. Sometimes your car is harder to drive when you use all the steering it has available. You can use this to dial out some steering, so that full lock on the wheel is only a certain %age of steering on the car.

Arc: Called exponential on other radios. It essentially allows you to fine tune how your steering and throttle react to input from the transmitter. Without any arc, the wheels will move linearly with steering input from center to full lock. With negative arc (i think) moving the tx wheel alot near center translates to less wheel movement on the car. Closer to full turning on the tx, the wheels turn much faster. Positive arc is the opposite. Little tx wheel movement near center translates to faster wheel turning.
Arc is hard to explain. I hope you can understand, or someone else can come along with a better explanation.