Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Reflex XTR & JR 9303 - Cable?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Reflex XTR & JR 9303 - Cable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:35 PM
TManiaci
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflex XTR & JR 9303 - Cable?

Hey all...

I have a new JR 9303, and Refext XTR. I need the cable to hook up. I see them on websites, but I have read a number of postings here and elsewhere that lead me to believe I have challenges to face. I tried to get the adapter from my copy of AFPD to work, which has a Stereo plug, and it would not work.

First, will the JR 9303 work with XTR?

Second, there seems to be huge debate on Stereo vs Mono plugs... Which is right for the 9303?

Third, it seesm this is a simple cable. I can make all the wiring. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the connections? Is there indeed a resistor in the circuit?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
KurtHuebener

Default RE: Reflex XTR & JR 9303 - Cable?

Yes, it will.
No, there is no debate. As you can read on their homepage, the JR radios use a mono plug and only the graupner radios (made by jr) can't decide if they are mono or stereo.
The radio connector is pretty simple and you can read the wiring on the reflex homepage. It works without the resistor.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:19 AM
rc-rodeo

Don't expect any help, because we don't support software piracy.
Reflex XTR is always sold with the original cable, which acts as a hardware dongle.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 AM
TManiaci

I have the cable and dongle... but it the Hitec. This is a licensed copy, no piracy here. Just a simple question on the JR!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:46 AM
KurtHuebener

See their website.

This is hitec:

and this is JR:

If you have a mono plug, just make yourselve a Y-connector. Just a five minutes soldering job. I think this is covered by their product policy as I can read:

"My courtesy: I replace EVERY defective interface free of charge. The chances of a factory broken interface are very low but the CAN HAPPEN. If this happens, it is my duty to replace it free of charge. Please send in your defective interface - it will be replaced*. I don't care about the reasons. If you are resoldering the plug to make it suitable for your radio and it doesn't work afterwards - no problem, as above. If you are crossing the interface with your chair - as above. If your dog/crocodile had eaten it - as above but please clean it before shipping."

and

"Special Adapters needed: As the radio manufacturers love to have their own student or DSC socket, it is quite complicated to keep track. Reflex comes with a selection of the most popular adaptors** but we can't cover ALL the radios available for reasons of costs. The normal modeller can solve 95% of the tasks using a soldering iron. In case special plugs are required, you may ask your radio vendor for adaptors. In most cases we can help at minor cost."

So I guess they don't object.

The stress you read about normally refers to the confusion on the DACH (Germany/Austria, Switzerland) markets, as here we have Graupner solutions to confuse us. Once you soldered your connector, make sure your radio is turned OFF when plugging in. Otherwise the radio will start in teacher mode, emitting no signals. See your radio manual at page G13 and A44/45
Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 PM
rc-rodeo

In this case,
I'm sorry, I couldn't see this from your first post.

Did you ceck the support pages of Reflex?
There is some info about JR radios as well.

http://www.reflex-sim.dyndns.org/ref...qPath=15_35_71
Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
TManiaci

Thanks RC,

Yea, I saw that stuff already. Did a little more research. Seems the Stero Plug only applied to the JR Quattro TX. I still have not seen where anyone is successfully using the 9303 on Refex, but on the Refex, they "mention" 9-series transmitters in passing. I guess I'll just order a JR cable an take my chances, looks like worst case senario is adding a 56K resistor to get it to calibrate properly. Hope it works. I was lead to believe this is a challenge because there was huge debates on other message boards about this "problem". Was hoping to hear from someone using the 9303 on Reflex to confirm it will work.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:07 PM
KurtHuebener

I have a 9303 and a Swiss MX-22 which is identical but shipped from Graupner. Standard stuff and works very nice just as it is supposed to be.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Hi,

Myself and Wolfgang tested the 9X & 9XII ( similar electronically to the 9303 ) [ actually on reflection, I am certain that we tested it with a 9303] with the Reflex system and we didnt have any problems. Please note that it is a 5K6 resistor and not a 56K resistor that might be required !

Please make sure that you are using a Mono plug and NOT a stereo. For some odd reason, Graupner series of JR radios utilise a stereo connector, but the genuine JR series use a mono ( apart from the Quattro ).

[8D]

Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
KurtHuebener

Hi MacMan,

the 5k6 Resistor isn't necessary anymore. They seem to have changed the interface layout in Feb this year.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:29 PM
TManiaci

Thanks Mac Man,

Question... 5K6? What is that? 5K ohm, 6% tolerance? I never have seen a 6% tolerance resistor before... I thought they came in 5% and 1%...

edit... never mind, I went and looked again. It's a 5.6k ohm. You guys do it differntly over in the UK.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Mac_Man_UK

LOL, actually its a European norm these days. I think the Germans started it off designating values that way. To be honest, it makes a lot of sense as opposed to a small decimal point that can be easily overlooked.

[8D]