Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport smoke tanks.... pics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport smoke tanks.... pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:48 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Eurosport smoke tanks.... pics

I found some nalgene tanks that fit perfectly between the two braces that come with the fuel tanks from comp-arf. What are the odds that the tanks I want to use will wedge inbetween those two braces perfectly??? hehehe The tanks are close to 20oz each, and I added a 6 ounce tank in between to simplify plumbing....(I know it sounds odd to "simplify" by adding another tank, but it gave me ability to draw from one tank and fill from one tank. I'm using the slimline smoke pump, it will be mounted on one side of the nose gear, planning on putting the turbine fuel pump on the other side of it...

What diameter of stainless should I use for the piece of tubing that will spray the oil near the turbine? I've seen one and two tube systems.... seems like you could get similar flow either way...????

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-22-2005, 11:06 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Eurosport smoke tanks.... pics

Mike, take another look in near the landing gear holes. You'll see two formers back there. Those tanks you bought will also fit between those formers and closer to the CG. Just dab some silicone to hold them in place.

If you show me a picture of a Euro with the bottom hatch off, I'll draw a pointer for you.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:40 PM
DrScoles

Hey Sean,

The manual says cg is 540mm back from inlet... if that is correct, the smoke tanks are almost exactly on the cg... I looked back where you are suggesting, thought it was too close to turbine and too far back of cg..... Am I missing something???

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-22-2005, 11:51 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably not missing something, guess mine were behind the cg. Just found that to be a fairly clean area to install them. The Euro's I was associated with all had the very large composite main fuel tanks.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 AM
DrScoles

I bought the kevlar ones that comp arf sells, I know there are others out there....

Anyone have suggestions on the stainless tubing ???

Mike
Old 11-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, the Tamjets smoke system uses two tubes and he might even sell you some of the tubing you need. One thing you may need to consider though is that the Tam system has the ability to adjust the flow rate, not sure if the the system you are using will do this or not which may affect the size of the tubing needed for good smoke effect. Gary