Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

bud nosen 310

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 04:55 PM
mnc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bud nosen 310

I just bought a nosen 310 and was wondering what would be the best options for engines and retracts
Old 12-05-2002, 08:49 PM
jerrysu29

Default Re: bud nosen 310

Originally posted by mnc
I just bought a nosen 310 and was wondering what would be the best options for engines and retracts
I recently sold a 310 Cessna I had two OS BGX 1's The 310 was a great flying Plane. Mine had the Robart retracts worked just fine. The Fellow that buoght the 310 is going to repower it with Saito 150 4 strokes. good luck and happy flying!!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 02:30 PM
mnc

Default bud nosen 310

Thanks for the reply jerrysu31, I think I will go with robart retracts but the engines I would like to go with gas maby g23's I am not sure yet. What was the weight of your 310 ,how well does it fly on one engine, I hope it flies well for the amount of sanding and carving it will take to get it ready to paint
Old 12-06-2002, 07:05 PM
jerrysu29

Default bud nosen 310

Originally posted by mnc
I would like to go with gas maby g23's I am not sure yet. What was the weight of your 310 ,how well does it fly on one engine
Hi mnc if you choose to go with G23s I Hope your at Sea Level or just above.MY opinion on G23s in the 310, very minimal on Power. I go to many of the IMAA ,most of the 310 Cessna's that had gas Engines were G 38s or larger The 310 that I was flying Weighed in at 37 lb. As far as how they fly on one engine not the greatest if you ever have an engine failure on take off, cut power, maintain straight and level flight and land. Power failure in flight is another dilemma cut Power to just above an idle maintain vsi (minimum single engine speed) or most modelers will tell you just above slow flight ,or the stall speed of your 310 and land as soon as possible anywhere that is safe ,don't try to get back to the runway unless easily available. Usually first few flights are used to find all these perimeters for the plane your flying.
JUST REMEMBER (HAVE FUN)
Old 12-07-2002, 09:06 AM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default bud nosen 310

G23 flys a Nosen just fine.. Here is a page that shows one that
has been flying for a while..
http://www.clevelandrc.com/pilots1.html
As with anything keep the weight down.. If one goes crazy with
adding things then weight goes up and performance goes down..
The original kit calls for .60 / .90 as a simple four chnnl plane... I
have seen .90's flying a Nosen 310 well, not as a hotrod, but
more like a Sunday flyer..
Do a search in the giant scale forum and also in the giant scale
for sale forum and see what most people use...

Robby
Old 12-07-2002, 09:55 PM
jerrysu29

Default bud nosen 310

I'll agree with you on your engine sizes,but like I mentioned altitude with a plane this size and weight plays a major factor in location of where it is being flown.Bring that 310 with 90s, or G23s that flies like a Sunday flier in Chicago or cleveland(890Ft) Elevation approx. 592 FT.O'hare Int. Ft MSL on it up here in the Mnts states,Elevations where I'm flying Avg. 5,000 to 7,000 Ft. MSL (above sea level) and I'll guarantee all you,ll do is taxi up and down our 600 Ft runway. with the bigger engines we run they actually fly similar to Yours with the smaller engines at the lower altitude. With our big twins at these higher alititude's. another thing we pay close attention to is our Density Altitude on a hot humid summer day!!!!
Happy flying!!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 03:00 AM
Eaglewatch

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bud nosen 310

I have a Nosen 310 framed up about 90%, and have a pair of Saito 120's to be installed for power. I also plan to use a set of (older) Aeromarine electric retracts, with Likes Line motors replacing the old ones.

Al
[email protected]
Old 03-08-2003, 05:45 PM
challenger
My Feedback: (4)

Default bud nosen 310

I have a Nosen 310, I bought it used with no engines or radio. The previous owner said he flew it OS 120 FT's( twin cyl 4 stroke), but I did'nt get a clear answer on how well it flew with one engine. He simply said don't turn into your dead engine. So, I installed 2 Saito FA 182T's (twin cyl 4 stroke) in it, they are 2.8hp each. I don't anticipate any problems on our short grass runway with trees at each end. I have'nt flown it yet, but I do expect it to be over powered. :boxing: I also redistributed the weight and eliminated about 2 lbs of nose weight, I'm at about 30 lbs dry, maybe less.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Twin_Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

Default 310

I recently accuired a 310 from a friend. Needs a LOT of tlc, but I am going to power it with Ryobi's that I am converting.

I corosponded with a flyer on the web, who powered his with YS120's. he had added a ton of scale detail, full interrior and retracts. he said his flew, but was lacking on power.

Im not going for the scale detail, and no retracts probably.

hth,
Bill
AMA L259
Old 03-09-2003, 02:19 AM
Bipeguy
My Feedback: (2)

Default bud nosen 310

mnc....

I know a guy and his son who each have a 310. One is powered with OS 120's and the other with G23's. The G23's fly the plane much better and sound better too. Thier friend is finishing one and is putting the new G26's on it. I have one in the box and am putting G23's on it. Here in S.E. Minn, they work great! Plenty of power for it. I believe they used Robart retracts on all of them.

Good Luck....
Old 03-20-2003, 06:30 PM
dougnlynn
My Feedback: (1)

Default 310 retracts

I ordered a set of Century Jet retracts for mine, and I don't think I can make the mains fit. How are you guys getting the retracts and wheels to fit in the wing?

The plans call for 3 3/4" wheels, but measuring a full scale plane, they should be 4" nose, and 5" mains (~1/4 scale). I measure about 2" max wing height at the axle centerline, less at the rear of the wheel. This isn't much room for a large retract and wheel. I could go down on wheel size, but still don't see it fitting. Robart retract frames alone are 2 1/2 inches high. I feel like I'm really missing something here.

doug