Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

one way bering and engine mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:14 PM
savage - LTD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one way bering and engine mount

hello everyone--

you guys are great!!!

I have 2 questions

1# I recently cleaned my one way berring after a gallon of running and everything was back to normal-- it was not stripped just very caked with this weird slimy gray oily stuff--

4 tanks later after the cleaning it was caked witrh the gray stuff again I cleaned it and everything is cool however I dont like having to take it apart and clean it so ofter --- where does this gray stuff come from???????????????????????

if im going to drill a small hole for wd40-- where?? and will this work

2## I cracked another engine mount plate-- the purple one--- the crack is small and the truck still runs however is there such a thing as a super heavy duty engine mount for the savage???

thanks you guys have made my life with the savage so much easyer

bye the way these saveges are sure tricky to wrench on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later-------------------------savage LTD.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:52 AM
savage - LTD

Default RE: one way bering and engine mount

please help me guys!!!

like I said my one way bering gets covered in gray slime in like 3 tanks these days and that I have to clean it alos some times the roto start locks up when it try to start it-- whats happening here??

plus where can a get the strongest engine mount plate for my savage??
Old 11-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Alexey

As far as point 1 goes it could be due to very high oil content in the fuel you use.
It once happened to me when a "friendly" guy at "not so local" hobby shop sold me helicopter fuel.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:39 PM
savage - LTD

I use the purple trinity monster horsepower fuel--

is this 2 oily for my savage???
Old 11-27-2005, 12:49 PM
savage - LTD

I KEEP CRACKING THE ENGINE MOUNT PLATE ON MY SAVAGE-- 2 SO FAR, IS THERE A HEAVY DUTY ON ON THE MARKET THAT WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??
Old 11-28-2005, 03:31 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

As far as I know there isn't any stronger engine mount plates, but you could possibly have some fabricated at a local metal shop of a thicker aluminum. I haven't ever heard of someone cracking that, wow. Trinity isn't really that high of oil, too, I never had this problem, have you tried sealing your backplate where it meets the motor, it does sound like a lot of oil leaking out. I'd say if you haven't sealed the backplate where it mounts to the motor, this could definetly be the culprit.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:16 AM
bibo

Savage LTD , what engine are you running ? If it's the S-25 it has an external one way bearing and if you are running too rich oil can leak from the exhaust header and find it's way into the oneway.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:42 PM
jpolidore

LTD you need a plate or a mount? the Nova racing mount is about the stongest I 've seen. If you keep breaking mounts look deeper, I had the same problem and it turned out to be the cross braces under the motor. I replaced those and am now running the stock mount, with no breakages. You want a strong plate try the one on this site.

http://f4iracing.extremevelocity.net/

its titanium alloy. I almost bought it, then I fixed my cross braces and went with the stock plate and mount.