Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

hp of a rb concept 28 engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 08:04 PM
ace007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hp of a rb concept 28 engine

I am looking at the rb 28 and can not seem to find any info about the hp.Does any one here know the hp output of this engine?Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 11:33 PM
itspuddingtime00

Default RE: hp of a rb concept 28 engine

RB doesn't publish any specs. But they are known for making very powerful and goos engines.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:40 AM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

I looked around for you on their web site,and came across this text message left be R&B Concepts>

"We have many request of how much RPM or HP our engines make and all we can tell you is that since there isno industrial device for measuring these engines we have decided not to publish these figures since we think that most of the figures published are not always very realistic, so we prefer not to just put on paper some HP or RPM."
If this is the case,what can we believe as an R/C'er these days? Haha,just go's to show you,people will claim anything to earn that mighty dollar... You might wanna do some extencing research before you make a buy...I just learned yesterday,that the old Team Orion .26,has alot more punch than their new .28... Seems they slapped on a new color"blue",and rounded off a few edges,and had a cheapish model engine company build the .28's...Since they were'nt built in Italy like the older .26 was,it was cheaper to produce more .28's and unfortunatly was what I believe to be just a big fat "band wagon ride"to say they had a bigger badder engine...Unfortunatly even trusted names like Team Orion will gladly give up performance and quality,to earn an extra buck.
If you dont believe this,go to www.teamorion.com and look at the stats for the .26,& the .28....
Then look and see which one cost the most at Tower,or anyone else that carries Orion...Sorta strange how a smaller engine cost more than its newer bigger brother huh?....
Just go's to show,you really have to do comparisons with one product to the next,no mater the aplication...
Old 12-11-2005, 09:08 AM
sarpiparpi

ORIGINAL: Baroncowboy

I looked around for you on their web site,and came across this text message left be R&B Concepts>

"We have many request of how much RPM or HP our engines make and all we can tell you is that since there isno industrial device for measuring these engines we have decided not to publish these figures since we think that most of the figures published are not always very realistic, so we prefer not to just put on paper some HP or RPM."
If this is the case,what can we believe as an R/C'er these days? Haha,just go's to show you,people will claim anything to earn that mighty dollar... You might wanna do some extencing research before you make a buy...I just learned yesterday,that the old Team Orion .26,has alot more punch than their new .28... Seems they slapped on a new color"blue",and rounded off a few edges,and had a cheapish model engine company build the .28's...Since they were'nt built in Italy like the older .26 was,it was cheaper to produce more .28's and unfortunatly was what I believe to be just a big fat "band wagon ride"to say they had a bigger badder engine...Unfortunatly even trusted names like Team Orion will gladly give up performance and quality,to earn an extra buck.
If you dont believe this,go to www.teamorion.com and look at the stats for the .26,& the .28....
Then look and see which one cost the most at Tower,or anyone else that carries Orion...Sorta strange how a smaller engine cost more than its newer bigger brother huh?....
Just go's to show,you really have to do comparisons with one product to the next,no mater the aplication...
i dont know what youre trying to say here, that has anothing to do with tb 28, but whatever ur sayin rb 028 rips a55
Old 12-11-2005, 06:01 PM
ace007

Ok thanks for the info.Also will the rb 28 even fit in a savage truck?Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The RB does fit in a Savage, in fact RB have just released an engine mount specifically designed to cater for those wishing to put this engine in the Sav. One thing I did notice when I had this engine in mine, was that the pull start chord is a little short and gets stuck between the engine head and the shock tower. Obviously the chord can be lengthened but it was a bit of a pain and quite inconvenient to do this. Its a small matter though, the engine is an absolute beast, strengthen your drivetrain and get some aluminum clutch shoes and a vented clutch bell and you are set.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:03 AM
ace007

Thanks for the reply.So if i got a rb 28 would i also need the rb engine mount in order to install it into the savage?I have a engine mount that fits my os 30 i am thinking that would work.All the engines should be the same mounting pattern rite?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
youie

I have the Rb tm728 emgine and yes it does fit the savage, although I had to cut the the standard engine mount down the centre as the Rb is slightly wider than the Hpi S25. Rb are well known in the race scene and i can Honestly say it is without a shadow of a doubt an a powerful engine. My setup is 3Speed box, 18t/47t and I have to launch it carefully from standstill otherwise it wheelies furiously. I have the wheelie bar and it carries the wheelie on even into second gear.