Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

How do I charge my radio??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 06:49 PM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I charge my radio??

I have a cheapy radio (not sure what brand and got it from a friend) that takes 8aa's.

I've got NIMH 1.2vs in it. It has a socket in the back that looks like it will accept a charger plug. The plug that fits in my 4aa engergizer charger fits into it. Could I use that to charge it with?

How do I know what kind of charger to use with it? (he said it didn't come with one to start with).

Also - can I convert my car to make it easy to plug in a charger to (it uses 4aa's)

Thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 03:13 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: How do I charge my radio??

The plug you are talking about is a little power pack? it should have some specs on it and may or may not be appropriate to use, the polarity of the plug should also be checked. With the right specs it may do a fine job of chargeing the tx batteries while in the tx. Chances are good that the voltage is too low though.

For the car it may be best just to pull them out, but anything can be wired up . You could I suppose hard wire a plug into it and leave it hang on the car so that a charger can be plugged in. seems a lot of work, I did do the very same thing on my small crawler truck because I got tired of haveing to remove cover to charge battery.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:00 AM
trpastor

The plug from the battery charger I have? Yeah, it's a block you plug in and charges 4 aa batteries (engergizer brand charger). could I buy a power supply from radio shack that puts out about 9.2 v (I've seen one for 10) and slow charge them?

Old 12-23-2005, 02:47 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

A visit to Red's battery clinic will answer a lot of this. It talks about slow chargeing from differing wall chargers. The correct wall charger can be purchesd for probably $10.