Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

3W STARTING PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:11 AM
turbokalli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3W STARTING PROBLEM

Help starting 3w 75
Have same problem as Lowpass 202 .Seem to have to prime forever,20 30 flicks still nothing,all systems are good battery,switch ignition just back from 3w for check all ok, just cannot get fuel into engine, there is fuel in lines up to carb,but does not seem to get pulled through carb into engine ,this is a motor with only 6 flights on it, has been standing for a year.
My back and arm cannot take any more it should not take all this effort,have not been able to fly my last 2 outings to the field,and am getting fed up with this, PLEASE HELP
Old 01-02-2006, 04:25 AM
corsair01

Default RE: 3W STARTING PROBLEM

Check your reed valves, they must be fully closed to prime. If not you will have to change them. (Had the same problem with my 3W50)
Old 01-02-2006, 10:16 PM
PlaneInsane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 3W STARTING PROBLEM

I'm going to say try this one more time. OPEN YOUR LOW NEEDLE ONE TURN. You can reset it after the motor is known to start correctly. If you know the choke plate is closing all the way then this is your problem. The reason for the hard starting is because it has sat for a year. You have oil in the carb passages that has thickened causing the low needle to act as if it is too lean. If all else fails then pour raw gas into the cylinder through the plug hole a few times and it will come to life after a few tries.

I just got done going through this with two DA150's and they both would not start without raw priiming. Both had set for over 6 months without running. Hopefully the low needle fix will do it for ya.

Rich Sornborger