Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help Needed on Airpower Retracts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help Needed on Airpower Retracts

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 01:30 PM
turbinepeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed on Airpower Retracts

I am tryimg to install the Airpower retracts into my SM F15, but the supplied fittings do not match, what is on the installation diagram!!

The attatched page tells me I should be using Two "X"Fittings (AS-003B), that have FOUR Outlets. But my fittings(T Fittings) only have THREE!

I have e-mailed Airpower, but have no reply as yet. Would anyone know how to connect these retracts up??

Many Thanks

Peter G
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40258.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	380930  
Old 01-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Topgun2mo
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: Help Needed on Airpower Retracts

You can substitute 2 "T" fittings for 1 "X" fitting...so you would need a total of 4 tee fittings
Old 01-04-2006, 02:01 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Please dont take this the wrong way....! But your question does raise a red flag.

What kind of building experience do you have? Your lack of retract plumbing knowledge would indicate minimal building experience of complex aircraft. Perhaps a turbine powered jet might be a tad above your current abilities, putting people and property at risk? Do you have anyone in your immediate area that can assit (at least inspect your airframe upon completion) you with your venture to turbines?

Todd
Old 01-04-2006, 03:13 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

hello again Peter

hello to you Todd also and wish you a happy new year!

......i will agree with Todd Peter.
i dont want to play it smart bad i say for your future joy in rc jets and safety of others peoples and the safety
of your investment...

i say always ask some one more expert...like i ask too and everybody!

no one knows everythink

.and NEVER try to have the first flite alone!
\
but with a flyier on rc jets

anyway i sugest before you start a post...becose we are realy like to help each other
and we realy like to help you out in anythink

,.......first search the forum for older post ...with key words..you care!!...like now...retracts or somethink...

then if you dont fint nothink

we are always here for you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>

now to your question...as topgun2mo replyed
you can eplace a 4 way with two 3 way.....

secont ...IF YOUR QUESTION IS:

DOES IT MATTER THE deferent lenth air tubes on the working speed movement???

...i say just conect the two main on same lenth and then to the way on the valve cut it

and conect another for the nose gear.......i dont think the working speed will be dangerus slow if you use and doors...

.......anyway.......take care ...take it slow..
and i have never notice a big diference...........anyway

sorry for the bad english

best regards
George
Old 01-04-2006, 03:21 PM
turbinepeter

lov2flyrc

Thanks for your concern!!

However there is no need to "Raise any Flag"!! Yes, you are right this is my first Semi scale Jet. But I am currently flying a Baby Boomeramg fitted with a Jetcat P60, so i have some knowledge on the safety requirements of a Turbine. However, fitting and plumbing these Airpower retracts is new to me, you are right. I do have Spring Air Retracts in the Boomerang, but I wanted to clarify the installation of these Airpower Retracts first. I would at least expect the supplied fittings to match up with what was indicated on the plans.

You seem to be very conscious on safety? I also am conscious on the safety issues, with Turbines, hence the reason for this post.

I thought these forums were here to help and share views on this wonderful hobby??

I am not going to bore you with how long I have been flying fixed wing and helis, but I am not stupid enough to throw Thousands of pounds into this hobby, and not be comfortable with flying these fantastic planes.

Regards

Peter G
Old 01-04-2006, 04:04 PM
lov2flyrc

Peter,
See....you did take it the wrong way!

Safety conscious, Yes! Even going as far as refusing sales on kits or engines because of the "more money than brains" syndrome (sorta like Mr Jetpack ) . I apologise if you took offense to my question, it was not intended that way at all, you just never know who is at the other end of a post.
Most who have been in this hobby long enough to progress to jets have done some retract installs (Warbirds), making your question somewhat trivial, thus the reason for the flag.
Happy to assist if you have any further questions!
Todd
Old 01-04-2006, 05:11 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I was going to type a post similar to Todd's (before Todd submitted his) but checked your post history and saw the Boomerang experience. Before I saw your Boomerang posts I had the same "red flag" thoughts.

You can look at Todd's post history and see that the majority of them are aimed at helping jet flyers.

It's just that a lot of guys flying jets, have enough retract install experience that the schematic stays folded up in the box or thrown in the trash.

Good luck with the SM F-15!!

Old 01-04-2006, 05:59 PM
turbinepeter

grbaker?lov2flyrc

So what you are saying is, that anyone who does not know how to install retracts, should question if they are capable of bulding and flying a Turbine??

May i inform you both, that to fund these Turbines that i own and have purchased MYSELF. I had to sell all my other RC Models, I do not have more money than sense as suggested that some RC pilots may have!!

I would not for one minute take this new F15 up, without having it checked by somebody far more experienced than me. Something I did with my Boomerang. In fact the person I chose to do this was well known at the International Jet meets a couple of years ago, and has recently raised his profile in the world of Turbine Models.

May I also remind you both, I was merely asking for help on retract installation, is this too much to ask??

These sites are here to help people, and not to question if they are capable of building/flying these kits. After all, you are judging my flying/building ability on not knowing how to install, this particular make of retract!!! And not on how long, how many Rc planes?helis I have built!!

Oh, while I am on a rant, the lack of retarct experience may be due to most of my flying and I am sure of a lot of others in the UK is done of crappy grass strips, were retracts are not always the best option. We are not as fortunate as those who have the use of flat smooth tarmac strips. were retracts are second nature.

Oh, and I will enjoy the F15!!

Happy smooth landings!!

P.S
grbker

Do you always look at peoples previous posts, before replying to a question? MMM. Very Odd!!

Peter G

Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Peter, sorry I ruffled your feathers.

Good luck with the F-15. I think you are really going to like it. My next project will be a YA F-15.

BTW - Not all of us are spoiled by smooth tarmac. I've been flying off of rough grass fields for over 20 years and I've been using retracts for about 17.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Nighthawk117
My Feedback: (41)

Peter I think you need to loose the additude, #1 Todd and some of the other people in here have more time on these things than most. #2 They are only looking out for the safety of you, your model and others! Please re-read what was said. Safety is paramount with jets or any other remotely operated craft, I have gotten quite an education on jets in this forum from the same people that replied to yours,I have also ordered an F-15 and am sure that I will need much help in its construction, and I will not grow an additude with the answers I will recieve from them. Relax and enjoy!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:44 PM
lov2flyrc

Alrighty then.... Good luck with your F-15 [sm=stupid.gif]

Have a chipper day!