Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Help.. Servo Buzzing noise.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Chase023

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help.. Servo Buzzing noise.

I just installed an Airtronics 94358Z ERG-VR Servo for my steering on my RC Monster Truck and before I installed it I tested it and , there was no noise at neutral nor when it was turned left and right at its end points but now that I have it installed it in my Jugg 2, it tends to make a buzzing noise when it is at its end points left and right but fine in neutral. Is there a problem? What do I need to do to remedy it? Is it normal? Is there too much load at the endpoints or something?

Please let me know.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:58 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help.. Servo Buzzing noise.

Originally posted by Chase023
I just installed an Airtronics 94358Z ERG-VR Servo for my steering on my RC Monster Truck and before I installed it I tested it and , there was no noise at neutral nor when it was turned left and right at its end points but now that I have it installed it in my Jugg 2, it tends to make a buzzing noise when it is at its end points left and right but fine in neutral. Is there a problem? What do I need to do to remedy it? Is it normal? Is there too much load at the endpoints or something?

Please let me know.
BINDING SERVO (stalled servo) - A servo connected to a push rod that does not move freely while in use. Sometimes, when the receiver and transmitter are active, a binding servo will make a buzzing sound. This is the servo using up battery power trying to force its way back to neutral position.

Try and re-set it to neutral. Make sure you have the radio and reciever switch turned on so the servos are in the neutral position. Then make whatever adjustments are necessary to stop the binding / noise. Test it again to see if that fixed it. If you are using old servos then it's possible that you'll need to restore / rebuild them or buy new ones.

Good Luck!
Old 11-23-2002, 05:34 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Help.. Servo Buzzing noise.

If you have a computer radio, just dial out your ATV or your dual rates until the buzzing stops
If you have a regular porprtional radio with out dual rates, you'll have to move the linkage in on the servo horn to reduce the throw, that way it wont bind when you reach full travel

Good luck