Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help F-86 Sabre ?? Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help F-86 Sabre ?? Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 02:35 AM
rudder fludder
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help F-86 Sabre ?? Help

Do you have plans for a Sabre jet f-86??
Not sure what I have? 48-1/4" W.S.X 52"
Wings are monokote no glass-61 Rossi, nose retract has a piece of plywood dead center of front air inlet to hold gear, (post # 3)

Fuse is fiberglass. Motor is inverted-fan in front-starts W/ belt, wing has a big square hole for I assume extra air aprox 3"X3"
Aprox 20 years old+- Out side of fan shroud is aprox 5-1/4"
What Type of Fuel ??

Any HELP GREATLY Aprreciated
plans or email the CG??
Paul
814-374-4004 [email protected]
Old 11-26-2002, 11:38 AM
geneh-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Size wise this sounds like a Jet Hanger Hobbies F86. I'm not sure why the motor would be upside down though. Is the motor in front of the fan or behind it? If it is in front of the fan It may be a Byron F86 ( although I thought it would be larger than what you described).
Old 11-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default F-86

The F-86 may be a Zia kit.There was no hatch on the fuse top, everything was located thru the open wing saddle. It also may be a Hobby Barn kit, I remember they sold that kit in the 80`s too.

Vin...
Old 11-26-2002, 02:02 PM
rudder fludder
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan

The motor is behind the fan. There is top hatch also. Maybe some one decided just to put motor Upside Down??

HMMM now Im really lost in wing tip Vorticies
ThanksGuys for the leads-any more out there??
I put the wing tip to the wall to get the W.S. length of the longest point-did I do that right??
Old 11-26-2002, 02:58 PM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The F-86 may be a Zia kit.There was no hatch on the fuse top, everything was located thru the open wing saddle.
I think you are correct, I had one of these and I seem to remember it originally being designed for the RK-740 fan with the engine inverted.

As I remember this kit was first offered from Zia models, then they either went out of business or were sold and it then became the Air Flare models F-86 (this is the one I owned). It is about the same size as the JHH F-86.
You might be able to tell if it is the Air Flare kit by looking at the inside of the glass fuse just above where the fan is mounted. Mine had a little peice of paper (about 1/2" x 1") molded into the fuse in this location that said "Air Flare models" on it. It could only be read from the outside, but if there is no paint on the inside of the model you might be able to see the paper from the inside if it is there.