Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

aresti and saito 72

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

aresti and saito 72

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 04:50 PM
Sailor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aresti and saito 72

Flew my new aresti this weekend with a saito 72 in the nose. Had to place the battery pack behind the wing (made a little tray for it) to balance it out, but this is one awesome combo. Flies great and took only one click left ail trim to make it fly straight.

This will be my plane to start in beginner imac class. Flies extremely well, knife edges easy, and lands very easy. This is my fourth plane (trainer, ultra stik, morris knife) and I am having a ball. Have a perfection (local kit here in tx) on the table and after that it will be warbird time...
Old 05-29-2003, 05:21 PM
JayDCC69
My Feedback: (4)

I have the same plane and same engine. I used all JR DS811 servos and a R649 PCM receiver and a PowerFlite Li Ion 3000mah 7.2v battery. Now, where it stands this thing needs a heck of alot of weight in the rear to balance it out. How much weight did you use?
Old 05-29-2003, 09:30 PM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

Originally posted by JayDCC69
I have the same plane and same engine. I used all JR DS811 servos and a R649 PCM receiver and a PowerFlite Li Ion 3000mah 7.2v battery. Now, where it stands this thing needs a heck of alot of weight in the rear to balance it out. How much weight did you use?

Where is your battery?

Did you use the H9 engine mount? It weighs about 125 grams. I'm right now replacing the H9 mount with a GP mount to save about 4 oz in the nose. Running an OS 46 FX with Tower Muffler.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:37 PM
JayDCC69

The battery is right under the cockpit as far back as possible it can go. Heres the thing, the battery is 4oz in weight. 3000mah Li Ion. 3" wide, 4" long and 3/8" thick. Nothing can be moved back further. i was thinking cutting the ultracote under the rudder on the bottom, inserting two weight bars on the sides with securing them using CA and kicker and re covering the small hole I had to cut. Sound ok or no? I used the Dave Brown nylon mount for a .60 engine. Weighs less.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:13 PM
bgi
My Feedback: (7)

I installed my 4-cell square pack under the turtledeck behind the canopy. That helped quite a bit. 3x4 may be too big to fit. You could cut some covering off of the bottom of the fuse where there is a cut-out and get some weight in there that way.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:30 PM
JayDCC69

Thanks. Ill have to do that now.