Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELP Upgrade my BLACKFOOT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 04:33 PM
mclan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Upgrade my BLACKFOOT?

I want to get a ESC wat do u guys recommend me to use with this AP36 on my Blackfoot?I want with reverse but not too expen

I am using normal 7.2v 1300mah/1400mah batts izzit better i use higher mah like 1700mah or 2000mah?eg should i buy like a few pcs of 1400mah or 2 pcs of 17oomah?

Slow charging 10-12hrs izzit better or fast charge 3-4hrs? do i hv to discharge?I was thinking to buy a normal fast charger 10mins without discharge fuction.izzit ok?

Bottom line i enjoy this hobby but I dun want to spend too much, i am not in competition. Pls advise

thxs!
Old 12-04-2002, 06:46 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

hard to say seeing as your in asia, is the AP36 a sealed motor? the ESC will be cheaper, just go to the local shop and get one, Novak Rooster should be good for a truck.
more mah = longer run times also longer charge times, your slow charger probably won't fully charge the pack.
get a fast charger, 20 mins and your good to go, with slightly more power too. a PEAK charger is a must unless you like having your packs explode coz you forget them.
Discharging apparently makes your packs have a longer life time, theres much debate over this. just run the truck till its a bit slow and pathetic.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:13 AM
JAG-RCU

I used to race Blackfoots with me stock Rustler. Then I put in a Trinity Onyx and I was out of that class and kicking some ass with Stampedes. They are on road races though. I use a Novak T4. It doesn't have reverse, it was used and cost $20, but they don't wear out, never break, and it was in almost brand new condition. It is also compatible with many motors. I also recommend a 200 MH battery. At least a 1500 I think. Fast chargers are good for when you are on the track. 10-12 hours, that is like a charger from radio shack. You can make a discharger from lightbulbs, a switch and some other components. It is really easy to do. That should keep you busy for a little while. Good luck!

JAG

JAG