Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Mick Reeves' 1/4 scale Spitfire kit question

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Mick Reeves' 1/4 scale Spitfire kit question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Boo2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mick Reeves' 1/4 scale Spitfire kit question

Hi,

I asked this in the Warbirds forum but didn't get any reply - I hope no-one minds if I repost here.

I've seen several reviews of the build for the MR 1/6th scale Spitfire kit and they all raise the issue that the cut wood in the kit is different from the layout on the plan. Can anyone tell me whether the same is true for his 1/4 scale version (if so then I may just buy the gf fuse and cut the rest myself from the plan) ?

Many thanks,

Boo
Old 02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
brad59
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: Mick Reeves' 1/4 scale Spitfire kit question

I built up a 1/4 Mick Reeves Spitfire some time ago from plans. I found that some of the detail drawings were not accurate. I can't speak about a professionally cut kit but if I had a choice then and now I would go with the gf fuselage. Also the plans show an engine box that was built from 1/8th light ply which I found to be insufficient. I hope this helps a little.
Cheers
Old 02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
discusmike
My Feedback: (2)

I recently built the 1/4scale reeves spit,had no problems whatsoever.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Boo2

I recently built the 1/4scale reeves spit,had no problems whatsoever.
Hi discusmike thanks for the reply.

Can I take it that the kit was supplied from MR direct ? Or was it a third party laser-cut kit ? I know that MR changed the design of the 1/6th scale kit after doing the drawings, and what I wanted to know is did he do the same with the 1/4 scale one ? I did not mean to imply that there were problems involved in this, I just want to know whether the kit from MR has wood that exactly matches the plans ?

As an aside, this piece of info seems weirdly hard to uncover - the MR 1/4 scale Spitfire is one that gets great reviews from lots of satisfied customers but finding one who actually built it from the MR kit (as opposed the the MR plan and someone elses' kit) seems strangely hard to do
[sm=bananahead.gif]

Thanks again,

Boo