Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hornet

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 08:13 AM
matt@springs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hornet

I just order my first e-heli : Hornet from Hobby-lobby It is a Hornet Basic Kit, without electronics(MS001B).

If anyone could help me, would you please recommend me what kide of the following electronic I should use ?

1) Gyro
2) Motor , i want to go with brushless motor.
3) motor controlle
4) anything else that i need to buy??

Thank you so much.. i am a real newbie
Old 12-05-2002, 03:41 AM
Wild Moose

Default Hornet

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the world of micro helis. Aside from some differences between the FP (fixed pitch) and CP (Collective Pitch) Hornet these are common flight electronics:
  • Gyro - GWS PG-03 (single rate gyro) okay performance. Futaba GY-240 (Heading Hold) the ultimate for locking that tail in place.
  • Motor - You say Brushless? Hacker B20-22S with a 10 tooth pinion, some are using a B20-26 with a 12 tooth but are also pumping up their flight packs to 9-10 cells. On eight cells (PowerEx 700 mA or Sanyo 720 mA NiMh) the B20-22S 10T combo gives great performance.
  • Controller - Schulze 18He (kinda hard to set-up but smooth and has governor mode for CP usage). Castle Creations Phoenix 10, lighter than the Schulze (and cheaper ~ $70.00 vs. $110.00). Only the start-up and LVC restart is not that 'soft'.
  • Anything else - Oh boy...
Upgrades:
  • Dual BB tail pitch slider - JohnK
  • 044a - aluminum head - JohnK
  • Main Mast Clips - Walt Ferrar
You can get these (and more) from DeeTee Enterprises.
Check JohnK's Website for excellent articles on upgrading the Hornet.

Regards,
Roger
Old 12-05-2002, 04:11 AM
matt@springs

Default Hornet

Thank you very much Roger......