Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

A&A Cessna 310

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 10:05 PM
lbrannan
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&A Cessna 310

I just received my kit of their 310. Does it really fly as well as they say? What power did you use? Does A&A sell the cowls?
Did you use the Robart gear?

I'd appreciate comments from builders of this kit as well as pilots who have flown it.
thanks!!

Larry
Old 12-01-2002, 10:25 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Default A&A Cessna 310

I've allways wanted one of those planes. How is the wood in your kit? Is the ply still that hookie door plywood?
Old 12-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Dave Barrow-RCU

Default A&A Cessna 310

I had one, it flew nicely on two ST.61's, no fancy flying, just up and around. I did not build it, so I cannot comment on that. Mine had fixed gear, I lost it to an engine dying out on takeoff climb, rolled and crashed at 40', trashed the fuse, I still have the wing. If I did another one, I would use a little more power though, maybe a couple 120-150 four strokes, that would allow mild aerobatics. I saw one with YS 120's, it would do rolling circles, loops, etc...,great pilot too. I believe you can get fiberglass cowls from one of the aftermarket suppliers. I would like to find a set of plans if anyone does not need theirs anymore, I would like to build another fuse for my wing.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:24 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A&A Cessna 310

[email protected]

Email this guy. I just got cowels, nacelles, gear doors and glass tip tanks from him. $125. They are pretty good.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:55 AM
lbrannan
My Feedback: (8)

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the link for cowls etc. I'll contact him.

I was planning to use Magnum .91's...maybe I should go larger. Nothing purchased yet.

I haven't even opened the box yet to check the balsa condition. If it's like the Mr. Mulligan I built a few years ago from A&A, I end up cutting a fair number of parts over. no big deal...

thanks again for the insights.

Larry
Old 12-06-2002, 01:11 AM
robbiett2
My Feedback: (21)

Default cessna 310

just got mine also the kit looks perfect. alot of people say the kits were poor quality wood but mine looks perfect only wished the cowls came with it also. i have a new project in the works now so i may end up selling as much as i dont want to. i am wanting the new turbo raven now so i have to build up money again.

Rob
Old 12-06-2002, 04:42 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A&A Cessna 310

I think I am going to put .91 FX OS engines in it. Hope that will work here.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:06 PM
beedriver

Default A&A Cessna 310

I've been looking for a LARGE 310. How big is this kit and do they have a web site?

Walt
Old 12-07-2002, 08:20 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Default A&A Cessna 310

A&A

.60 engines required "Ha ha ha" , 120" span, 18 lb. Flying weight,
Old 12-17-2002, 11:09 PM
dougnlynn
My Feedback: (1)

Default A&A Cessna 310

Got my kit Friday. Can't build the plane till I finish building the room to build the plane in. Just studying the plans.

Wood looks OK, die cutting leaves some to be desired, but easier to finish cutting pieces than start from scratch. I'm thinking of building this scale, looking for a set of 3-views. I've found a bunch of pictures on the web, although most are of the 310R.

Talked to someone who said the plane flys great on YS120's, and thought the plane weighed about 30 lbs. I bought the fiberglass parts mentioned above, and the RCS 140 gas motor and pitts muffler will fit with just a blister on the cowl to clear the spark plug cap.

Trying to decide on retractable gear. Robart is nice, but no failsafe, and expensive.

As far as building, I've been told it's a good idea to add shear webs between spars. I'm also wondering if the horiz stab can be bolted in place (it's as big as some of my wings) to make transport easier.

Looking forward to reading how you guys are doing with this monster.

doug