Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobbytron?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:01 PM
beaglegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbytron?

Just curious about this online rc store, has anyone heard anything good/bad about them? Id like to order a truck from them but Ive only dealt with Tower thus far so Im not sure.

Thanks [8D]
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
gm72

Default RE: Hobbytron?

I say stick with what works. Tower is huge and is dependable. I'm always wary of online sites with which I am not familiar. You'll feel the same way once you get burned by one.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Rs43EVOman

I guess, i mean i woudlnt buy from them un less their prices were noticabley cheaper thne everyone elses, Hint; use the froogle (its a section of google) you can list things by price, thats how i always decide where im gonna buy from, i use sites all the time that ive nevr heard of, ive never been ripped of.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:28 PM
lectrogas

ORIGINAL: beaglegod

Just curious about this online rc store, has anyone heard anything good/bad about them? Id like to order a truck from them but Ive only dealt with Tower thus far so Im not sure.

Thanks [8D]
Mostly bad. Anybody thinking about ordering from Hobbytron should really do 15 minutes worth of research on the web first. Tower is honest and reliable. Hobbytron is...not so much.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
running_gag

Read this and buy elsware.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_St...splay_~reviews

the three (out of 15) good reviews are written by people who have only written one review. if your going to write a review about a website doing there job aren't you going to write more than one? unless maybe your employed by said website. avoid hobbytron. I would rather drive tyco than buy from them.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:47 PM
R/C fan-addict

I ordered a bunch of airsoft stuff from them. I did it all online and had no trouble, but their website interface is hard to navigate and shipping is not amazingly fast (more like average). I've only ordered from them once and they were fine.