Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

how much is enough?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:53 AM
wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much is enough?

Hey guys, coming from the glow side of things when I think of putting two 100 oz plus servos on the rudder of a plane it sounds like lots to me, but is it? My first giant scale gas is going to be an old ARF aeroworks edge 33%, picked up used. I'm planning on picking up an evolution 116 because the plane formerly had a zdz 120 and the weights are similar, plus looking ahead I don't forsee this being my last giant airplane so having an engine with enough punch to power a range of airplanes in the 33-36% range sounds good. The elevator halves are going to have 8411's, and for the ailerons Hitec 5925's..... finally getting to my real question will two 5925's (just over 100oz each) be enough for the rudder?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:45 AM
CptCliffhanger
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: how much is enough?

it should be.. If they are properly ganged and not fighting each other. Lets's just say I've seen people get away with lesss. :-)

s
Old 03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
babflyer
My Feedback: (2)

go with something stronger if you have to buy servos, like the 5945 or 5955. you could get decent performance from the 5925's I suppose but the 5945 would be better and the same price I think.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:41 PM
wheels

thanks for the input guys, I actually ordered a set of 5945's over teh weekend for it, as well as a set for each wing and I allready have a set of 8411's for the elevator halves.