Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 04:56 AM
fullback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel?

what fuel would be bst for a hpi rush?
Old 12-09-2002, 05:34 AM
Krusty

Default fuel?

I assume you have been observing this forum for some time now. Fuel types and uses have been discussed many times before. Obviously you haven't been paying attention or don't know how to use the search function. Personally, I use 15 or 20% model airplane fuel with at least 18% oil including some castor in my cars as well as my airplanes. I have never has any negative issues using airplane fuel in my cars. BTW, I have two Nitro Rushes and several other cars. I also have over forty years experience with model glow engines. Just my five cents.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:37 AM
fullback

Default fuel?

so you think that hpi rush i s a good car? if you got 2 of them
Old 12-09-2002, 05:55 AM
Krusty

Default fuel?

I purchased one "new". The was purchased "used". One is dedicated to on-road only (street tires, sway bars, pipe), the other is my off-roader. I like the fact that the servos and receiver are covered and somewhat protected. I feel they are easy to work on. Some say the chassis is "weak" and tends to bend. I do not "jump" either of them so the chassis "problem" hasn't been an issue with me. I suggest you get some DuBro threaded camber adjusters and the HPI racing clutch. Do NOT get the Titanium turnbuckles. They will not bend or break if you hit something and the control arms will break instead. The Dubro turnbuckles will bend in a hard slam saving the expensive parts. They can then be easily straightened again. Like any glow engine, DON'T run it too lean or you will shorten it's life.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:32 PM
fullback

Default fuel?

thank you i wil not get titanium turn buckles and that is for sure because of your help thank you some much
Old 12-10-2002, 01:58 AM
fullback

Default fuel?

i have a question what is the biggest tires the nitro strar .15 can handle i whana see if it ca go up to like mashers i go tsome from my pede but will it screw up the motor of overheating or will i jus tneed to chnage the gears? best tires to run on hpi rush and also are the duratrax off set spike tirexs any good for wild off roading like going anywhere ! even i mud ive seen some pictures of hpi mts and rushes that have those so i wounder if they are any good!