Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

A Arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:37 AM
chefboyrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Arms

Looking for suggestions on good quality moderatley priced upper and lower A arms for my savage LE. Itegy is priced well but it seems not many people are fond of them..thoughts
Thanks
John
Old 03-27-2006, 12:42 AM
jombo

Default RE: A Arms

the plastic on the savage is pretty strong and very inexpensive to replace.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: chefboyrd

good quality moderatley priced upper and lower A arms for my savage LE.
That sounds like an exact description of the factory plastic arms.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: chefboyrd

Looking for suggestions on good quality moderatley priced upper and lower A arms for my savage LE. Itegy is priced well but it seems not many people are fond of them..thoughts
Thanks
John
Like others have already commented, stick with the stock composite arms! If you want to build a "bling" lawn flamingo Savage, thats ok to add aluminum, but if you want and everyday solid, reliable basher stick with COMPOSITE cheap parts. Plastic has "give" to it which absorbs abrupt impacts. Aluminum is too rigid, and passes those same impact stresses to mating plastic parts causing them to prematurely break. Furthermore if you snap a plastic Savage A arm, no big deal...... zip down to your LHS and buy a new pair (I guarantee you LHS has a pair right on the shelf in stock).
Old 03-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Cyberfyn

They look fantastic in all ally............. But will bend when going over a pebble

Only get alloy if it's going to be a road car or a shelf queen. The stock plastic might look cheap, but it soaks up all the knocks you can throw at it. I'm speaking from experience here. I built a full siver alloy .25 a couple of years ago and it looked the business. Unfortunately after a couple of good runs and a few bad jumps it looked like dogmeat.

If you're going to upgrade, get decent tyres, rims, reverse, CVD's etc.

Ian F.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:27 PM
chefboyrd

thanks guys
-Chef