Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

RC10GT Factory Team & bump starter questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT Factory Team & bump starter questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Hsv_gunner
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT Factory Team & bump starter questions

Hey there guys,
Im from Australia and own a nitro on road car, ive been using this for about 4 months now and i want something that will go off road. Now on ebay (.au) i found this: Team Associated RC10GT Factory Team. Does anyone own one or have a opinion on them? it has a os .12cvr engine in it which i have heard is very good and also race legal. It is the non pullstart version and comes with a starter box, i have never used one are they easy to use? also if anyone else knows off another nice offroader that comes with evrything e.g. remote, starter box shells etc under $400 aus please show me a link
here is a link to the car
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Team-Associat...QQcmdZViewItem
Cheers Daniel
Old 03-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: RC10GT Factory Team & bump starter questions

Both the truck and engine are great and come from reliable companies. Bump starters are very easy to use . Just place the car on the starter box , the box should have post to set the car down so the flywheel is lined up . If not line up the flywheel above the starter wheel and push down.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:52 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

It looks really good, It's race ready set up that's why its a bump start. If you will not race you can just replace the motor with a pull start motor. I have an older model RC10gt also got it used and also bump start set-up and with an OS12TR engine. Its really easy to use.

For that car, if you do your research it has won many championships, For the engine - OS engines are very reliable, powerful and they last very long.

The only thing that I see on the Q's and A's for that auction is that the sleeve has been repinched. Meaning it has lost compression already and then reconditioned. You may need to replace the piston and sleeve soon.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Hsv_gunner
Banned

Also how does the bump starter work? do you still have to prime it and use the glow igniter?