Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

mvvs 26 gas a thirsty engine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 09:14 AM
ampa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mvvs 26 gas a thirsty engine?

in many trheads is stated that these engine "drinks" about 15cc/minute, mine, with 3266 pipe and spinning 16/12 meijnik at 8200 rpm (very good performances on a 4.6kg model) needs 300 cc per 10 minutes is it normal?
Old 04-02-2006, 11:10 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mvvs 26 gas a thirsty engine?

Paolo,

I have not measured the gas version, but I don't believe it is supposed to be particularly thirsty.
Yours seems to be a bit thirstier.

Maybe Pé can add more info.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:04 PM
pe reivers

At over 8000 rpm continuously, you ask very much power from the engine. If your setting is rich, the 300cc for 10 minutes may be there. Normally, you should have about 20cc per minute, so please check your plug colour, If too dark, adjust the needles slightly leaner.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:44 AM
ampa

if I get 8200 with 16/12 can I suppose that the mixture is correct or it is possible that leaning even more the h screw iI will obatiin an rpm increase? yes the ground electrode of the plug is black but I made the mix oil/fuel at about 3.5%
Old 04-04-2006, 09:04 AM
DarZeelon

Paolo,

The RPM of a gas engine with spark ignition, will not be affected to such an extent as that of a glow engine, by changing the mixture strength. In a glow engine the fuel needle is the ignition control.

Making your engine run leaner will reduce fuel consumption and improve burn quality.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:44 AM
janch

I agree,

I have had experience, 500ccm for 25 minutes.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
pe reivers

Paolo,
RPM is not the measure of things.
Tune for max rpm, and open the needle to the point that rpm just does not fall off the cliff. That is the richest mixture that is stable in overall engine operation. After running a while, kill the engine while at full throttle, and examine the plug.
Look down, to where the plug isolator meets the plug housing. If you see a black ring there, the mixture is too rich, and slightly leaning out the carb will give you better plug service.
This is not an oil question. I have run engines with as much as 10% oil, which had excellent plug readings. If the mixture strength is right, the plug will clean itself. If too rich, the plug will foul, with or without oil.
If down there there is no black ring, and the plug in general is too dark, then the heat range is too cold, and you should change to a hotter plug. For the MVVS the supplied Brisk is excellent.