Fuji 50

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:49 AM
dickal14712
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji 50

Hey Guys,
I have been flying planes and heli's for some time and this will be my frist gas engine in a 330L I was looking at the fuji because of the price , anyone ever use one of these engines? I have done some searching and havent seen this engine listed . Any help would be greatly appericated. Thanks Dick
Old 04-09-2006, 07:32 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuji 50

I believe I've read less than favorable things about this engine. Also read good things. Try an advanced search.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:05 PM
stephensackro
My Feedback: (6)

A friend of mine bought one with the electronic battery ignition. He hasn't tried it yet. One unusual thing, the prop hug is perfectly smooth and has no grooving for gripping the prop. I would think that with the single bolt prop set up that the prop would come lose and spin. Has anyone has this trouble ?????????
Old 04-09-2006, 08:28 PM
3dd

if you haven't bought it yet DON'T DO IT spend a couple of extra bucks and buy a gasser that will not burn you.i have had two and am talking from first hand experence.the engine is week and will not perform as promised and when it is time for warrenty work you can forget it if it has any real time on it at all.the warrenty is three years and it will be worn out before then.just my 5 cents.i have since gone to all 3w engines and love them,i know people that fly da 50s and love them so it is your choice to get a cheapy or get an engine you will be happy with and proud of
Old 04-09-2006, 08:32 PM
3dd

yes i had to glue sand paper to the prop hub to keep the prop from spinning and coming loose
Old 04-12-2006, 07:20 PM
stephensackro

3DD

Did you have the newer version with electronic ignition or the older magnito style ??
Old 04-12-2006, 10:31 PM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

Grip Washer

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKDJ1&P=7
Old 04-13-2006, 01:47 PM
flyinrain
My Feedback: (25)

I have one in my Great Planes Extra 300 and it works fine. I would agree it doesn't have the power of some of the other ones but it has all I need. Almost unlimited vertical so what else do you need. I also have a DA50 and there is no comparison and if in the market again would get the DA
Old 09-06-2007, 06:07 AM
mfuess

I have a Fuji BT-50 EIS and I was disappointed in the lack of power. So I though I'd check it over. What I found was, the factory ignition timing was set to "0" for full advance. This is unacceptable. I removed the stock ignition and installed an RCEXL and timed it at +28 degrees. The engine runs great now! It was a lot of trouble changing the timing/ignition over but it was well worth the effort. I don't know if Fuji intended to have their timing set to ZERO or not, but mine was there, and it really sucked.

I was determined not to let a brand new engine end up on the shelf.

[link=http://tech.flygsw.org/fujimods.jpg]Fuji Mods[/link]]

I also took the liberty to rotate the jug so the muffler will be on the same side as "other" gas engines. After lots of "fixing" my Fuji BT-50 EIS actually runs like its supposed to!