Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Simple Q but need answer now b4 race day!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:54 AM
McFlyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Q but need answer now b4 race day!

I have a Savage SS 4.6, had about a gallon through it.

When it idles after about 10 secs of idle it sounds like it gets bogged down and then stalls.

Wat needs to be leaned??

Both high and low speed needles are dilled in as the temps and speed are good and she will wheelie on response.
Wat else is it??

It is prob a simple answer but i got my first race tomorrow early and so need the answer now so i can fix it for tom.

On a side note, any one got any hints for racing?? any thing at all.

Cheers
Old 04-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Chronic

Default RE: Simple Q but need answer now b4 race day!

Don't let it sit and idle.

As far as racing, Savages get no respect except in one department.....durability. There's not a sane Revo pilot in the world that thinks he can out muscle a Savage, use that. The brittle armed LSTs will get out of your way too, after you let them know that it's in their best interest. Don't be a bully, but "rubbing is racing". Show them some Savage style "love" if you can't win their respect. Of course that's only if the setting is right. You don't want to get a reputation as a "hack", if it's not that style of racing . Where I run, it's all fair game.

Lower the suspension down, and get some LCG TVPs if you really want to race. Concentrate on running clean laps and don't really worry about the other trucks. But if they want to play hard, then play hard. That's why you bought a Savvy in the first place.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:33 PM
SmoothInc

Try opening up the idle a little by turning the idle screw clockwise and too if that works
Old 04-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Wizz Kid

any driver can win a race, if they can make 100% clean laps every time.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Cyberfyn

Loading up on idle is normal for nitro engines. Maybe just running a little rich on the LSN though.

Ian.