Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OWB shot???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 09:32 PM
2000XLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OWB shot???

ok i was running my mammoth a weeks or so ago it has a picco .27 in it, it stalled out after a while, and i tried to start it with the roto start and it sounded like the gears in the handheld unit were straing, so i stopped, i figuired i hydro locked the engine again and broke a gear in the back plate,, so i went home tooke the backplate off and the gears were fine, put it back on, and the same thing, but different, the gears are only straing a bit but it seem like the one way bearing is spinning but the motor is not ....???

what going on
Old 04-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: OWB shot???

If the bearing is spinning and the engine is not , then the bearing either needs to be cleaned or replaced . But you say the starter seems to strain , maybe the engine is locked up and the bearing broke when applied the starter . Can you turn the engine over from the flywheel ?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:14 AM
2000XLT

Default RE: OWB shot???

Yes i can turn the flywheel, and whats the proper OWB care