Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Who owns a regular Savage AND a Savage X??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:18 AM
tmodlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who owns a regular Savage AND a Savage X??

I am wondering if someone with both trucks could let me know how hard it would be to make the SavageX rollbar and engine quard work on my Savage 25? I have all necessary tools I just dont want to pay for one and have it shipped to me just to find out it will take some major fabrication to make it work. I really dont have the time right now to fab specific brackets but would buy one in a heart beat if all I had to do was drill and tap some holes. I read on the HPI site that the engine guard will work but I would like the whole thing.

My stocker has finally had enough and I thought I would look down this avenue before I bought another flimsy stocker. This summer I plan on making my own out of some good plastic but that is still a couple of months away.

Help me you lucky people that have the luxury of owning both, or have access to both.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Old 04-12-2006, 01:07 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Who owns a regular Savage AND a Savage X??

tmod, HPI has the X conversion set out. it's part number 87250. it doesn't show up at Tower yet, but ask your LHS. you'll also need to run the X VCP's on your S25 if you want the rollbar/engine guard, IIRC.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:16 AM
tmodlin

VPCs? I am not aware of what they are. I know of the conversion kit but I really dont want a lot of stuff that comes with it. I already have the radio box on order(should be here thurs) and have no need for much else in the kit. I dont like the idea of light weight control arms either, sounds like breakage to me. The easy access diff sound nice but mine were recently sealed up with new fluid and will be good for a long time.

Thanks for the input though.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:27 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

VCP=vertical chassis plate.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:47 PM
tmodlin

Ahh, you originally said VPC. I usually refer to them as TVPs(twin vertical plates).

C'mon, someone has to have both or know people with both.

Tim