Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BiPlane for pattern

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Pattern_is_Fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BiPlane for pattern

Hey Chip,

I'm thinking about a biplane for my next pattern plane / FAI. Can you give me some idea of the flying differences I may see using a biplane? There are very few I know of that fly biplanes in competition - can you speculate on this? why not? To difficult to set up? Needs to much power? I will use electric, Hacker C50 or AXI/FAI.

Also, care to recommend a few?

Thanks for any comments.

Scott
Old 05-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BiPlane for pattern

Bi-planes for F3A are getting more and more popular and I think that will be seen at this years Nationals. Are they for everyone, I don't think so. The developement has basically been limited to just a few people, and has only really been being worked on for the last couple years, so I am sure that they will continue to improve. I feel as does Naruke and Onda that the bi-plane has more advantages then disadvantages, due to the fact they are very good at rolling, snaping, and knife edge flight.. Only in extreme conditions do you pay a price, and I think that has almost become a wash. They are here to stay at least for the next few years and I really believe someone will win the worlds with one in the near future.

Chip
ORIGINAL: Pattern_is_Fun

Hey Chip,

I'm thinking about a biplane for my next pattern plane / FAI. Can you give me some idea of the flying differences I may see using a biplane? There are very few I know of that fly biplanes in competition - can you speculate on this? why not? To difficult to set up? Needs to much power? I will use electric, Hacker C50 or AXI/FAI.

Also, care to recommend a few?

Thanks for any comments.

Scott