Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

??? for savage X guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:10 AM
myber92fs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? for savage X guys

What do you think of the roll bar on your x ??? Have you broken it yet?? Is it a better Idea then the 25 one cause it will bend and not brake???
Old 04-20-2006, 01:29 AM
icantfly

Default RE: ??? for savage X guys

personally i love my plastic rollbar...i have the engine protector installed as well, and it is very durable...my buddy has the le with the alloy roll bar and he keeps shearing off his antenna when he rolls it. ive rolled mine numerous times and still havent sheared mine off. once the alloy one takes a good hit it is bent. usually when metal is bent it is weakened. the plastic just gives a little then goes back to origional shape....yes the plastic one may not look pretty after being ground off on asphalt but "I" would spend my money on a plastic roll bar over an alloy one any day.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:49 PM
myber92fs

Thanks that's kind of what i thought but wanted to make sure
Old 04-20-2006, 03:28 PM
jasplat88

I totally agree. I have put a pretty good beating on mine already....no issues.

-Jason

ORIGINAL: icantfly

personally i love my plastic rollbar...i have the engine protector installed as well, and it is very durable...my buddy has the le with the alloy roll bar and he keeps shearing off his antenna when he rolls it. ive rolled mine numerous times and still havent sheared mine off. once the alloy one takes a good hit it is bent. usually when metal is bent it is weakened. the plastic just gives a little then goes back to origional shape....yes the plastic one may not look pretty after being ground off on asphalt but "I" would spend my money on a plastic roll bar over an alloy one any day.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:21 AM
BugattiFreak

i jumped mine 6-8 feet in the air and landed right upside down one time. got back but, just some scratches.... 15lb truck falling 7ft. = a lot of force.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:24 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

i've beaten the absolute piss outta my rollbar, and no contact has been made with my larger-than-the-4.1's cooling head on my M427