Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Need More Power Captain.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need More Power Captain.

I just was wondering if anyone knows if a vented disc brake will give me more stopping power for my mgt. Right now it is just stock, but have noticed they offer a vented disc brake. Thanks
Old 04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
McFly505

Default RE: Need More Power Captain.

Have you done the CH 4 Rx battery mod and replaced the spring with a piece of fuel line? I run a Venom 6V Rx pack and with these mods, I can do stoppies with my MGT. The brakes get better with a little wear on them too.

HTH,

Scott
Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

No i have not done the ch 4mod, but i put a stiffer spring in there, thanks for the info, i will need to get a battery pack.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:53 PM
McFly505

Evidently when you run your Rx pack in the factory BATT socket, even if you have a 6v pack, it only supplies 4.8 to the servos. Plugging into the CH 4 socket supplies full batt power to the servos. It's not very often that we get a 'freebie' mod that works decent.

I tried a stiffer spring on the brake linkage, but I like the 'feel' of the brakes with the fuel line spacer. I had to dial out some of the brake and I can still do stoppies when I mat the brake. The more I run the truck, the better the brakes get. The 6V Venom Rx pack made a big difference.

Scott
Old 04-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Thanks again Mcfly, I appreciate it alot.