Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H. stabs are 1/16" out of square on Kangke Extra

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H. stabs are 1/16" out of square on Kangke Extra

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 04:57 AM
A.L. Spinz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H. stabs are 1/16" out of square on Kangke Extra

I'm building the Kangke Extra 300 60 ARF, as reviewed by Eric Royer which everything he says about this ARF so far has been the truth, but I ran into a little snag. After epoxying the rear h. stabs they must have creeped on me ever so slightly, and now it appears they're out of square by about 1/16" off the center-line of the fuse. Will I be able to trim that out in flight? What problems does that cause? Or what can I do now that it's epoxied into place?

BTW, I just wanted to add that this is very simple to build. and the quality is excellent, minus the flimsy push rods and wires for the control surfaces......this plane is much to large for that stuff....by the looks of it, it should be considered a 90 size....a 60 size motor in this thing would painfully under-powered. Nice plane!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:30 AM
OUTCAST

I dont see 1/16-inch as a cause for alarm in a sport flier and I doubt it will make any noticable difference in performance.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:54 PM
A.L. Spinz

Thanks for you're opinion....I just freaked out to come back to my plane after 8 hrs. to see the stabs out of square. Foo-wee, that'll learn me to tape 'em down next time......thanks.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:12 PM
rockmon

A.L. you are right about the quality of the Extra, all of Super Kraft arf's are very nice and the Texas Hurricane I have you can even use the hardware if you want. You are also right about the 60-90 thing, in fact make it a good strong 90. I flew mine with a Tiger Shark/Kangke 91 and it could have used a lot more and had it not got a mind of its own and took off into the swamp I probably would have dropped a 1.20 in it. I realy enjoyed the Extra but be aware that it likes to land at a pretty good clip so keep some power on on final to avoid a tip stall, the extra is a nice flying plane and I don't think 1/16th of an inch will even be noticed. One more thing to watch is the fuel tank, we fly quite a few of the Super Kraft arf's in our club and have had more than a few problems with their tanks but that and the hardware our the only complaints that I hear about. I have one more and thats they could put better decales in their kits but thats about it complaint wise.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:00 AM
A.L. Spinz

Default Kamgke Extra

Rock,

I have been wondering about the power for this plane and I been considering the TS91, TS108 and the Magnum 1.08, but I'm concerned about the weight issue as well.

As for the tank problems....exactly what problems have you witnessed. I for one am leary of the hard rigid plastic material it's made of....but anything you can give me, I'd appreciate. Sorry to hear of your misfortune!

My GP 40 Extra was rock stable on landing approaches, so I'm optimistically expecting even better wing loading with this one, although totally different plane, I should still be in the same ball park. But you've got experience with this one so whatever you can add would be great. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2002, 11:09 PM
rockmon

I think the fact that the tanks are so hard is the problem and in turn causes them to split. Mine split around the opening and I had enough goop around it that it didn't leak enough to notice fuel running out but the problem soaked the inside of a couple of the guys planes. Come to think of it that might be why I could never get the 91 to put out the power that it should have. I'm sure you have noticed the plane is built like a tank, and by that I don't mean anything bad if anything it's over built and I'm not saying that's a bad thing that is exactly why I don't think there would be a weight problem with a 120 2 stroke. Mine came out around 91/2 # with the 91 kind of heavy for a "60" size plane. Back to the tank I think part of the problem also is there is no room to wrap them because of the hole that they slide into and that could also be why they split. The Extra flies great it just likes a little power on on final besides it looks so sweet when you set it down on the mains and then settle it in, it realy looks cool. I just know that I can land my 1/4 scale caps and giles slower than I could land the extra. Have fun with it and keep us posted I would change the tank if I had it to do over.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:38 PM
A.L. Spinz

Default The tank issue

Well....a rule of thumb...if it doesn't flex it's gonna break...and just the feel of this tank is too rigid for a high vibration frequency which worried me, I think it'll be worth the five bucks to substitute with something else. Thanks.