Community
Search
Notices
TJT Turbine Direct Support Ask your questions about TJT turbine in this forum. All I-Jets related questions may be asked here if relevant or in the general jet forum.

Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 06:47 AM
wd40
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearing

What is the life time of the bearings for the Tjt 3000, and what is the best way you can tell when to change the out?
Old 02-27-2003, 08:52 PM
JET FX

Default Bearing Life

The current record for the TJT-3000 without bearing change is 450+ flights for a TJT-3000 mounted on a HotSpot flown by Norm Thompson of Australia, mostly flown in very hot and dusty conditions. Norms TJT3000 is currently fine and showing absolutly no sign of excess bearing ware.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:12 AM
eugen.iov

Default RE: Bearing

Hi Marty,

That comment was in 2002. I wonder what the score is today? I wish you could read Brian Green article in the local magazine here in Australia. His engine fall appart after 10 hours of running. I had an TJT3000 which never passed the bench stage. It was upgraded about 5 times and luckly I sold it. I am running 3 JetCat now, P-120 and 2 P-160. My P-120 was serviced in Germany after 30 hours of work. It is still going great, bearings changed. Wonder how you guys service your TJT's now....

EUGEN
Old 01-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Bearing

* If you would like to include your opinion on a support forum thread, please email or PM the member your thoughts.
* All posts submitted by members other than the original thread starter will be subject to moderation.
FYI..