Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spektrum, WHAT HAPPENED???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Vespah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum, WHAT HAPPENED???

I got a Spektrum DX3 yesterday in preperation of receiving my Hellfire today. Completing my trio Hellfire/Evo and SavX.

I installed the receiver and the z590 servo to replace the plastic crap steering servo in the Hellfire, I ran through all the directions and binded it. Then I proceeded to do the motor break in. After I did the break in I went about adjusting the engine for optimum performance, turned the hsn a little then ran it around the yard and kept doing this til I got where I wanted it.

I then ran it with in 30 feet of me having no problems controlling it. I then went to go about 50 feet and started having problems, I pulled the trigger back and nothing would happen then it would start working again, it did this a couple times then wouldnt move the throttle servo at all and went into the failsafe, I tried getting closer to the car and still nothing. I then bent over to pick up the truggy and it went like a bat of hell down the road and I couldnt stop it or steer it, I got lucky and it ended up in a bush. I shut off the motor then about 2 minutes later the steering and throttle started working again.

The batteries were all fresh in the car and radio with only about 1 hour of run time on them, the radio was reading 11.5v.

Anyone able to help with figuring out WHAT HAPPENED?
Old 05-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Default RE: Spektrum, WHAT HAPPENED???

Do you have alot of wifi where youy were? Sounds like either a bad radio / receiver / receiver battery pack or you have loads of 2.4 GHz splattering your radio where you live.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:18 AM
bentgear

There have been some reported problems with the receiver antenna attachment. Yours may be one of them.

It also sounds like you did not rebind with the correct failsafe settings after you got the radio setup in the model.

Ed M.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Philster

It ain't a reception issue, since the failsafe didn't work - reception issue would invoke the failsafe (which I'm sure you set correctly). Check the batteries in your vehicle. Right now, the Spektrum is in the clear.

If this was a crime scene, your batteries would be held for questioning, and possibly face charges.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Sounds like the batteries in the truck are not charged enough .
Old 05-06-2006, 09:55 PM
darthballs

Do you have alot of wifi where youy were?
that would be a lot of wifi. anyway if it isnt the car batts which it probably is try re-binding the radio
Old 05-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Vespah

Put a diff set of batteries in the Truggy freshly charged, seemed ok. But I wasnt in the same area as I was when it happened. I will find out tomorrow I guess when I go back where I was.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:15 AM
wayneuk

!!lol !! my am t2er does the same thing was thinkg of changing to specktrum but now 100% not sure
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4255103/tm.htm