Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Glow plug igniter interferences ????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Glow plug igniter interferences ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Mirdain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow plug igniter interferences ????

Hi All,
I have a HPI MT w/ a nice Sirio .15 engine.
I recently upgraded the radio system w/ an Airtronics MX3S FM transmitter and two new metal gears servos.
I have several questions/issues :
1- when I approach the glow plug igniter from the engine cooling head or when I touch it, the servos go nuts...
2- the servos are always emitting some noise like they are turning (eventho I cannot feel them turning),
3- the steering servo sometimes takes control itself for a split second and steers the car to the left....
I would have never thought brand new equipment would bring such hassle...
Any idea/hints/tips would be very much appreciated...
Old 05-08-2006, 10:11 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Glow plug igniter interferences ????

When the glow plug igniter makes any type of contact with metal it will create a frequency. The radio system you are using may pick up this frequency and respond with eratic movement. As long as there are no glitches while the igniter is off you are fine.

the servos are always emitting some noise like they are turning (eventho I cannot feel them turning),
In most cases this is just servo stress. In other words the servo is working to keep a certain position and it does this by applying a certain amount of torque. Just make sure there is no binding in your linkages where it would create any problems.

Ryan
Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Mirdain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glow plug igniter interferences ????

Thanks Ryan,

1-I will keep trying switching FM frequencies in hope I will get one that does not pick up the igniter !
2-The servos are still noisy even when I remove servo heads (no load on servo)...
Thanks.