Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:56 PM
sternman318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Problems

Ok well i have an ofna ravager and i recently switched out the stock throttle serve to a futuba s3010 servo. Well the first day i ran it ( witht he new servo), at the end of my run, i was going up a little dirt mound and my friend was standing right behind it. i was going up it slowly but my bro was driving his t-maxx and was giong to run me over so i slammed on the throttle and flew straight into my friends leg. I immeadiatley hit the brakes to stop it( didnt do much good...his leg worked well). He later had a reallly nasty bruise on his leg. RIght after that, i my problem started. My brakes wouldnt work. The throttle servo would turn fine, gas and brake, but my brakes wouldnt work. I figured out that the stopper or whatever on the rod that pulls the brake hinges ( i guess thats what they are called) must have moved after the hit so when my servo goes full brake, it doesnt pull it. So i left it for a while( i was going to fix it later) and i took it out tonight and i tested it again to see what happens. The brakes worked, but they would stick if i held them down for more than like 2 secs( the servo i mean...the servo would stay stuck in full brake), and wouldnt return to idle until i turned the onboard power off. ive ruled out radio interference because its consistent and the throttle seems to be fine. But, if i hold downt he throttle, for like 2 secs, it switches to brake and is stuck like that. When i gave it like a little bit of throttle, it would go back to idle and twitch slightly. I am posting this in advance because i REALLY dont want to take it out...taking out the servos on this thing is a real pain. os what do you think is wrong? Is it something i can fix? Will i have to get a new servo[]? Thanks a lot in advance.

NOTE: ia m running a duratrax micro failsafe on it, and the set position i have for it is( when it detects low battery or interference) is full brake. That may have something to do with it. Also, my batterys seem to be fine( reciever light isnt blinking or anything). I think i am going to change them right now just to check. I also checked all connnections.

EDIT: ok well ive done some mor testing and my brakes dont get stuck anymore. BUt now, i jsut took my failsafe out of the radio box s oi can see it) when i hold down the throttle for like 2 secs, it goes to the brake position and the red light goes on, indicating interference.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:37 PM
sternman318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo Problems

Ok guys if ound the problem. The failsafe is malfunctioning ( stupid duratrax) so of she'll go so i can get my refund or a new one.