Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

hpi SAVAGE SS 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:04 AM
luckyjay48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi SAVAGE SS 4.6

I'm new to the whole RC world, but wanted one ever since I was a kid, but couldn;t afford one cause of the price tag on these things.
Now that I'm a little more mature(?) with some cash, I'm thinking of buying an engine truck.

I'm a little torn between the Savage SS 4.6 and Nitro MT2 18SS.
Savage SS is very appealing with its huge engine (plus its a monster truck) but it's very expensive and I'm concerned about the size of this thing as well - 1/8 scale. On the other hand, MT2 is just as fast, cheaper, but not a monster truck.

Apart from the obvious differences between the two cars if anyone has opinions or suggestions about either of these cars or any other trucks please let me know.

By the way, although I'm a beginner I would like to buy a kit and build everything from scratch as building and upgrading is half the fun.

Many thanks in advance

Jay
Old 05-26-2006, 07:38 AM
gerwen

Default RE: hpi SAVAGE SS 4.6

MT2 will probably be a little easier to do maintenance on.
Savage will give you many more options of where to run it because of its greater ground clearance.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

ive never owned a mt2 but i do have a coulple savage's and i think its the best truck u can ever buy and if u can build it u should be able to keep it up and running[8D] it like bullet proof u cant break that easy but the mt2 will just be good for grass street and racing but with the savage u can do much more it may be more expensive but trust me its WELL worth it
Old 05-26-2006, 01:37 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have both and like them both very much.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:22 PM
ELITE913

savage ss 4.6 is cool! but so is the MT2 i woud go with the savage