Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Eindecker 40 Aileron Servo Instalation

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Eindecker 40 Aileron Servo Instalation

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 08:19 PM
theshummer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eindecker 40 Aileron Servo Instalation

Hi everyone! Need a little help... I'm new to RC, but not to aviation or building models. I'm building an BUSA Eindecker 40 and hate that the aileron servos hang out of the bottom of the wing. Can anyone suggest an alternate method of mounting the servos? I'm thinking of putting them in the fuselage with the other 3, but I'm not sure on space issues. Anyone tried it? After that, I'm not sure of the exact rigging I'd need to run out to the ailerons. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! [8D]

BFS

PS If this is already covered somewhere else, my appologies, just redirect me!
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
flipstart

Default RE: Eindecker 40 Aileron Servos

Not real sure on the Eindecker but just finished a Busa Nieuport 28-plans called for same type of servo setup which I also do not like-on all my planes-kit and scratch built-I build a hatch in bottom of the wing and install the servo laying on its side and attached to the hatch cover. Reinforce the servo mounts well, attach the hatch with 4 screws (use hardwood for screws to thread into), the servo arm just sticks out a slot in hatch.

Not sure what scale level you want to achieve but this method works well and looks much better than the one offered in plans. Someone else may have a better scale approach for your eindecker-
Old 05-28-2006, 09:15 PM
theshummer

Thanks for the idea! To answer the scale question, I'm not super concerned with it on this plane. I'm building it per plans since it's only my second RC plane, but I just don't want servos hangin out like I cut twice and measured once. I've definitely got a scale eye though and future builds will be as scale as possible. Right now, I just need a sport-scale to get the flyin' bug outta my system so I can spend the proper time on a scale build. If there are any more ideas out there, throw 'em my way.

BFS

PS How do you get those neat little sayings at the bottom of the post?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:02 PM
flipstart

Its been a while since I put one in-but go to your profile and under signature-add your saying. See if that works.